Discussion topic: My sky q mini box isn’t working. It says there are issues with the activation server? Error Mr106

This message was authored by KateMog This message was authored by: KateMog

My sky q mini box isn’t working. It says there are issues with the activation server? Error Mr106

The message on the screen is that my sky mini box hasn't been able to connect to the activation centre 

K.Morgan

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: My sky q mini box isn’t working. It says there are issues with the activation server? Error Mr1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KateMog wrote:

The message on the screen is that my sky mini box hasn't been able to connect to the activation centre 

Hi @KateMog 

First try rebooting the main Q box and then when this is completely back up and running reboot the mini.
To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Reboot the mini as above.
If the mini still does not connect try a Network Reset on the mini.
Network Reset found in mini Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to WPS with main Q box.
You will be asked to press the WPS button on the main Q box (not the mini).

If you are on Sky Broadband and the Router is nearer to the mini than the main box then you can try pressing WPS on the router instead of the main Q box

This message was authored by Fed-up54 This message was authored by: Fed-up54

Re: My sky q mini box isn’t working. It says there are issues with the activation server? Error Mr1

I have same problem and have rebooted, turned on/off many times with no success.  Person who googled and solved problem in another thread can you tell us what worked please?

This message was authored by Gill65 This message was authored by: Gill65

I've just had the same issue with mini sky q & after trying to reboot several times I just took the viewing card out & replaced it & it was working immediately 

This message was authored by Steve+Humphries This message was authored by: Steve+Humphries

Thank you Gill 65 - I followed your example and it worked perfectly 

Steve H 

This message was authored by CBCBN This message was authored by: CBCBN

Thanks @Gill65  this worked instantly for me too after several unsuccessful resets. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion