Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@Chodley wrote:

@Corinne4 wrote:

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

You know you can use your sky subscribed netflix on any device you like?

They do say that Netflix via the TV works flawlessly, why they're getting all worked up about the app on the box then I have no clue. It's £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 for the three tiers standalone so they'll be paying less through their Sky account.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Colin0000 wrote:

@Chodley wrote:

@Corinne4 wrote:

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

You know you can use your sky subscribed netflix on any device you like?

They do say that Netflix via the TV works flawlessly, why they're getting all worked up about the app on the box then I have no clue. It's £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 for the three tiers standalone so they'll be paying less through their Sky account.

So I pay separately mostly because I'm too lazy to change it. Can't see why anyone who already has the discounted Sky price would change back.

This message was authored by JohnC6 This message was authored by: JohnC6

So a fix that's worked for me is to manually update the q box software.

Settings >system info>software version >setup>software download. Took about 10 minutes but Netflix has booted straight up since. Might be worth a try for some people. 

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

I tried that (amongst other things) early onn. It did work, but not for long. Sky told me that they were rolling out an update for the Netflix app, so I'm guessing that's why mine now seems to be working. Hopefully everyone else will get the update soon

This message was authored by JohnC6 This message was authored by: JohnC6

I'd tried everything else except that. Hopefully it's cured, time will tell. Suggests to me that box updates aren't automatic though, but i could be wrong. 

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

According to Sky they are (or at least this one is), but they are not all updated at the same time. Fingers crossed that you get it soon 🤞

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

What are people's sky Q version and Netflix version.  My main Sky Q box is being a pain with Netflix  occasionally rebooting it fixes it but if I have any network issues it brings it back again and I just get the red circle.  What makes it worse is I'm currently having electrical work done so networks up and down like a yo yo.    Netflix on a mini and on other devices are fine it's only on the Q 2TB box that's having issues. 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q250.000.11..00L (“5qq6eks) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q250.000.11..00L (“5qq6eks) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

My netflix version is

Q260.000.05L-5.04-2.1.1 btw 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q250.000.11..00L (“5qq6eks) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q250.000.11..00L (“5qq6eks) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Chloesmum4 This message was authored by: Chloesmum4

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

Highlight netflix app. Press and hold the enter button. Immediately press down and then release but still keeping the enter button pressed. Hold until nexflix loads and the red circle flashes

This message was authored by skeusenner This message was authored by: skeusenner

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, can you please re-word it? I can't follow the order of the steps suggested. I'm using Sky Q. Thanks. #Chloesmum4

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion