Discussion topic: Netflix not loading

This message was authored by Donaldo70 This message was authored by: Donaldo70

Re: Netflix not loading

I have the same issue. The answer is to dump Sky. Problem is where I live. Virgin Money needs to get here because Sky says they cannot help.

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Donaldo70 wrote:

I have the same issue. The answer is to dump Sky. Problem is where I live. Virgin Money needs to get here because Sky says they cannot help.

The answer(s) is in the 2nd post marked as the answer as it happens at:- 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/td-p/4428388

The other option which would be by far favourite to my mind is to use the App on your Smart TV (presuming it has one) instead. I use it where possible over the Q Apps as the Q box is showing it's age now. Amazon Prime for instance on the box buffers badly for UHD whereas the TV is perfect and seems to have a better picture and audio both. They load quicker than the Q box as well and having specific buttons for Prime, Disney+ and Netflix is just the silver lining.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Donaldo70 wrote:

Virgin Money just got sold to Nationwide so I don't expect they can help with TV services either. 😉

Colin - I usually use TV apps too but was watching Fallout with the Q app the other day and it worked very nicely. I am on a v3 box if it makes any difference.

@Chodley wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

Virgin Money just got sold to Nationwide so I don't expect they can help with TV services either. 😉

Colin - I usually use TV apps too but was watching Fallout with the Q app the other day and it worked very nicely. I am on a v3 box if it makes any difference.

v3 box? Mines in my signature although I don't know what that makes it. Loved Fallout but it was that series that forced us to use the TV's app instead. This is on Sky Ultra Fast1 150Mbps hardwired to the box, the TV is using  WiFi although the router is only 10 feet away.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Colin0000 I can never remember the official version numbers 🙂

Just checked. V3 is a 32B206. It's noticeably more responsive than the old v1 2TB I had.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Colin0000 wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/td-p/4428388

The other option which would be by far favourite to my mind is to use the App on your Smart TV (presuming it has one) instead. I use it where possible over the Q Apps as the Q box is showing it's age now. Amazon Prime for instance on the box buffers badly for UHD whereas the TV is perfect and seems to have a better picture and audio both. They load quicker than the Q box as well and having specific buttons for Prime, Disney+ and Netflix is just the silver lining.

So what happens if the Firetvstick is also getting the red circle on the Netflix app but the Sky Q Netflix app is working as it should obviously I'd watch it via Sky Q if that was the case.

My FireTv stick  connects to 5ghz and two DNS servers are listed in the Netflix app on my FireTvstick

192.168.1.1 (not using Sky BB at the moment) 

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@Colin0000 wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

So what happens if the Firetvstick is also getting the red circle on the Netflix app but the Sky Q Netflix app is working as it should obviously I'd watch it via Sky Q if that was the case.

My FireTv stick  connects to 5ghz and two DNS servers are listed in the Netflix app on my FireTvstick

Awesome, I'm happy for you. No idea what that's got to with it mind as no one mentioned a Firestick.

Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Colin0000 wrote:

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@Colin0000 wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

Awesome, I'm happy for you. No idea what that's got to with it mind as no one mentioned a Firestick.

Awesome @Colin0000 you mentioned smart tv what if I don't have a smart tv that's why I mentioned I use the Firetvstick Netflix app

20240427_183620.jpg

I select a programme the red circle goes round and round the % stays at zero 

20240427_184118.jpg

I've been watching Paramountplus, Disney+ Prime Video from the same streaming device without any issues

But only have the issue with watching Netflix

My Netflix subscription is via Sky so happening on another device not only Sky Q 

Pedantic 

Yes, definitely pedantic...

Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion