Discussion topic: Sky Q Remote TV Pairing?

This message was authored by Big+Stevie This message was authored by: Big+Stevie

Sky Q Remote TV Pairing?

I have two remotes for my Sky Q, one is the version with the blue speak button on the front, and the other is the standard remote without the speak button.

The second remote failed so I've bought an identical replacement. It worked with the Sky Q straight out of the box, but I can't get the TV volme to work. I've reset it by holding down 7 & 9 until it flashes, but when then holding 1 & 3 it flashes but nothing comes up on the TV screen, so I can't enter the code for my TV.

Any suggestions please?

Sky Q 2TB & 3 x mini boxes

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q Remote TV Pairing?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Big+Stevie wrote:

I have two remotes for my Sky Q, one is the version with the blue speak button on the front, and the other is the standard remote without the speak button.

The second remote failed so I've bought an identical replacement. It worked with the Sky Q straight out of the box, but I can't get the TV volme to work. I've reset it by holding down 7 & 9 until it flashes, but when then holding 1 & 3 it flashes but nothing comes up on the TV screen, so I can't enter the code for my TV.

Any suggestions please?

Hi @Big+Stevie 

With the Q box on with green led try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Big+Stevie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Big+Stevie This message was authored by: Big+Stevie

Thanks, I;ve tried that but when the remote flashes after holding 1 & 3, nothing happens, with nothing appearigmn on the TV screen 

@Big+Stevie wrote:

Thanks, I;ve tried that but when the remote flashes after holding 1 & 3, nothing happens, with nothing appearigmn on the TV screen 

Assume the TV is on and you are switched to the correct HDMI input for the Q box?

Is the Q box on with green led @Big+Stevie 

And did you make sure that the Q box was in direct line of sight of the remote when you pressed and held 1 & 3 together?

Big+Stevie
Topic Author

Yes I did all of that. Maybe the remote is faulty, though both the 1 & 3 buttons work as they should, just not when both held down together.

@Big+Stevie wrote:

Yes I did all of that. Maybe the remote is faulty, though both the 1 & 3 buttons work as they should, just not when both held down together.

Hi @Big+Stevie 

Check the batteries in the remote.  Infrared needs a little more power when using 1 & 3.

Then reboot the Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Then again with the Q box on with green led press and hold 7 & 9 until the led flashes 4 times but do not press 1 & 3.

The remote then will be in infrared mode and need direct line of sight to the Q box.

This should allow you to operate the Q box using infrared.

If it does go to Home - Settings - Setup - Remote control.

Select your remote version and try pairing again.  You should be asked to press the 1 & 3 at this stage.

Big+Stevie
Topic Author

Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately non of that got it to work. Everything worked with the remote control except when holding 1 & 3, whist the remote did flash to acknowledge the buttons had been held, it didnt bring up the screen to enter the code for pairing with my TV.

I got as far as choosing my TV manufacturer etc, but when the instructions on the screen said to hold 1 & 3, nothing happened.

I'm going to return the remote and order another one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion