Discussion topic: Sky Q remote red light stays on. Remote not working after batteries replaced.

This message was authored by Lezindi This message was authored by: Lezindi

Sky Q remote red light stays on. Remote not working after batteries replaced.

My Sky Q remote was working fine. A message appeared to replace the batteries. I replaced the batteries. Now the red light on the remote remains on at all times (even if the box and TV are off)

I have tried pressing 1&3, 7&9, resetting the Sky Q box (unplug etc). The remote has no effect at all. The remote's light remains on, no matter what buttons I press.

I can't seem to find any help with this particular problem. 

Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky Q remote red light stays on. Remote not working after batteries replaced.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Lezindi 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q remote red light stays on. Remote not working after batteries replaced.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lezindi wrote:

My Sky Q remote was working fine. A message appeared to replace the batteries. I replaced the batteries. Now the red light on the remote remains on at all times (even if the box and TV are off)

I have tried pressing 1&3, 7&9, resetting the Sky Q box (unplug etc). The remote has no effect at all. The remote's light remains on, no matter what buttons I press.

I can't seem to find any help with this particular problem. 

Any ideas?

Hi @Lezindi 

Looks like either the Microphone button or the Question mark (?) is stuck in on your remote

Lezindi
Topic Author

Hi @oldfella 

Nope. No buttons are stuck. Remote is super clean 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lezindi wrote:

Hi @oldfella 

Nope. No buttons are stuck. Remote is super clean 

Hi @Lezindi 

Have you double checked that the batteries are both the correct way round?

Lezindi
Topic Author

@oldfella  yes...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion