Discussion topic: Sky box not working properly

This message was authored by TILLY691 This message was authored by: TILLY691

Sky box not working properly

Hi my skbox won't let me watch recordings or download on  catch up it won't pause tv channels either the only thing I can do is watch tv & turn up & down the volume. I've tried turning on & off box a few times but still mot working it says problem with hard disk when I try to pause & then it says technical problem when I dry to Dowland using catch up it won't go into recordings. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

Re: Sky box not working properly

Hi @TILLY691 

Please attempt a Hard Drive Reset

To access the hidden menu, press the Home button and then navigate down to the Settings option without selecting it. Once Settings is highlighted, press 0 0 1 and then Select. Go down to Reset and Perform the Reset Hard Drive, pls note you will lose all your recordings,

Failing this try a Factory Reset which will Remove all Recordings and Settings

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

Hi @TILLY691 

Please attempt a Hard Drive Reset

To access the hidden menu, press the Home button and then navigate down to the Settings option without selecting it. Once Settings is highlighted, press 0 0 1 and then Select. Go down to Reset and Perform the Reset Hard Drive, pls note you will lose all your recordings,

Failing this try a Factory Reset which will Remove all Recordings and Settings

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
TILLY691
Topic Author
This message was authored by TILLY691 This message was authored by: TILLY691

Thank you @ThePope27  this worked but as you said it cancelled all my recordings but Hopefully can get them all bk again on catch up . 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@TILLY691 

Yeah it's not ideal loosing all your recordings, but its better now than years ago when you didnt have catch up/VOD services like netflix etc 🤣

This message was authored by Tim1962 This message was authored by: Tim1962

The box is saying software issues, no point doing hardware resets we have done these before, works for a while then back to problems.

We need a new box!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion