Discussion topic: Sky q cant connect to network 16 Apr 24

This message was authored by Russ4938 This message was authored by: Russ4938

Sky q cant connect to network 16 Apr 24

Sky Q not connecting to network I have reset, changed cables between router and q box. Router is talking to q box as data lights lit. 

Normal sky channels working, Internet is working, but no apps etc..

Supposedly they are working on fibre etc in London but that should effect us in Leicestershire unless it's a main feed to all.

Apparently on downsite there's issues all over.

Best Answers
Russ4938
Topic Author
This message was authored by Russ4938 This message was authored by: Russ4938 Answer

Re: Sky q cant connect to network 16 Apr 24

Errrm I did everything being an ex aircraft Avionics Engineer not an arduous task however, with dodgy BT open reach connections in the Street doesn't help for which they acknowledge the issue but until it fully breaks they won't do anything. 

Anyway different issue.

I reset everything dozens of times including switching on and off the WiFi in the hidden menu's and replacing the ethernet link between the router and SkyQ box!

This morning it's all back!

Oh and all the kit is new (2weeks or so old) except skyQ which is only about 2 yrs old.

Anyway it's back overnite!

So this is a sky issue.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Hi @Russ4938,

Try performing a Network Reset on your Q box, navigate to Home > Settings > Setup > Network. Select "Status" and then choose "Reset" on the right-hand side. Follow the prompts to reconnect via WiFi to your router. If you're using Sky broadband, press the WPS button on the Sky router when prompted (not on the Q box, as the Network reset automatically initiates the main Q box WPS). For users with third-party broadband, input the SSID and password for the router's 2.4 GHz WiFi band, as WPS isn't compatible.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Furthermore if you are hardwired via Ethernet and don't have any mini boxes I would recommend turning off the box's built in WiFi by following the below

Enter the hidden menu by pressing Home and then navigating down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Go to Network to turn off both bands of WiFi. Confirm before exit.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
Russ4938
Topic Author
This message was authored by Russ4938 This message was authored by: Russ4938 Answer

Errrm I did everything being an ex aircraft Avionics Engineer not an arduous task however, with dodgy BT open reach connections in the Street doesn't help for which they acknowledge the issue but until it fully breaks they won't do anything. 

Anyway different issue.

I reset everything dozens of times including switching on and off the WiFi in the hidden menu's and replacing the ethernet link between the router and SkyQ box!

This morning it's all back!

Oh and all the kit is new (2weeks or so old) except skyQ which is only about 2 yrs old.

Anyway it's back overnite!

So this is a sky issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion