Discussion topic: Sudden loss of signal from SkyQ box and booster after working fine since 2022.

This message was authored by Nick1951 This message was authored by: Nick1951

Sudden loss of signal from SkyQ box and booster after working fine since 2022.

My white SkyQ box was installed back in 2022.  It's been working absolutely fine sending a good signal to my black booster box that's positioned next to the TV.  All was fine until the signal would cut in and out during a viewing which I was able to reset by following instructions on tv screen.  Two hours into a film the signal cut out completely amd now no amount of following instructions the tv tells me I've lost connectivity.  The green light on the black box turns green then I press the arrows which flashes an orange button.  The error on my TV says MR001. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sudden loss of signal from SkyQ box and booster after working fine since 2022.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nick1951 wrote:

My white SkyQ box was installed back in 2022.  It's been working absolutely fine sending a good signal to my black booster box that's positioned next to the TV.  All was fine until the signal would cut in and out during a viewing which I was able to reset by following instructions on tv screen.  Two hours into a film the signal cut out completely amd now no amount of following instructions the tv tells me I've lost connectivity.  The green light on the black box turns green then I press the arrows which flashes an orange button.  The error on my TV says MR001. 

Hi @Nick1951 

Just need to clarify your Set up.

Q TV boxes are black and connected to TV Sets by HDMI cable.

I suspect the White Q box to which you refer is your  Broadband router.

please confirm

Nick1951
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nick1951 This message was authored by: Nick1951

Re: Sudden loss of signal from SkyQ box and booster after working fine since 2022.

Sorry, my wife wrote the original request.

Our black Sky Q box is connected to our BT Router, and works just fine.

We had a white signal booster fitted at the same time to connect to another TV in another part of the house. It has worked fine for 18 months, and despite having two green lights showing it isn't connecting to the TV.

We have reset the boxes everywhere several time, and no joy.

Being old and clueless doesn't help, but could it just be a faulty white booster that needs repair/replacing?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nick1951 wrote:

Sorry, my wife wrote the original request.

Our black Sky Q box is connected to our BT Router, and works just fine.

We had a white signal booster fitted at the same time to connect to another TV in another part of the house. It has worked fine for 18 months, and despite having two green lights showing it isn't connecting to the TV.

We have reset the boxes everywhere several time, and no joy.

Being old and clueless doesn't help, but could it just be a faulty white booster that needs repair/replacing?

Hi @Nick1951 

I assume your Booster is positioned appropriately mid way between your main Q box and the mini?

Have you reconnected the booster to the Main Q box using WPS and then reconnected the mini to the booster by WPS?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion