Discussion topic: Which setting to return to after watching a dvd

This message was authored by Silverback2 This message was authored by: Silverback2

Which setting to return to after watching a dvd

I have a built in DVD player TV system, after watching a dvd what setting do I return back to for sky Q TV I wasn't made aware of this on my old sky + hd box it was HDMI 2

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: Which setting to return to after watching a dvd

Hi @Silverback2,

We wouldn't be able to tell you which port it's in, if you cycle through them one by one when you q box is on and then take a note of which HDMI Input it is,

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Silverback2 wrote:
I have a built in DVD player TV system, after watching a dvd what setting do I return back to for sky Q TV I wasn't made aware of this on my old sky + hd box it was HDMI 2

Hi @Silverback2 Place your TV and SKYQ box on standby, then turn the SKYQ box on, this should turn on the TV, look at the screen as the TV turns on it should say which HDMI port the SKYQ box is connected to just as the picture comes on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Try hitting the sky button (yes, it's a button) on the remote - it should send a signal to force the input to sky.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@PandJ2020 wrote:

Try hitting the sky button (yes, it's a button) on the remote - it should send a signal to force the input to sky.

Yes, should work, if the TV CEC  hdmi has been setup correctly and the option is set to ON in the Sky Q settings.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion