Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by SACC This message was authored by: SACC

Re: Discovery plus error 400

Is there any news on this issue? Come on it doesn't take that long surely? Or remove it from the apps until it's fixed! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SACC Have a quick look at the post 3 above yours posted by @Old_git and you will see he had a response from Discovery + who were apologising for the problem and saying that they were trying to resolve the issue.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by SIV80 This message was authored by: SIV80

Discovery +

Discovery + has not been working now for 2 days,, eeps coming up with error 400 cide, internet is working perfectly fine and all other apps are loading without an issue, I tried to refresh the app but still loading?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Discovery +

@SIV80 I have merged your post to this existing large thread that is discussing the same issue, a new thread isn't required.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by drichy This message was authored by: drichy

Discovery + on Sky glass

Discovery  plus not playing, showing error 400

also says you are not connected to the internet

All other apps on sky glass working fine so internet is fine.

How do I get it back on?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Discovery + on Sky glass

@drichy  It's the same issue as posted here, please see the post marked as Answer for the latest update

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Discovery plus

@Paulamcc This is a known issue which started on Friday.  Sky are aware and Discovery + have apologised and are looking to resolve this issue.

Have a look at this comprehensive thread of 19 pages (so far):

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/Discovery-plus-error-400/td-p/4534716/page/19 

In particular see the "Answer" and also post 267 on page 18.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Rosemarykerr This message was authored by: Rosemarykerr

Hi, 1 hour on phone with tech support....  Said the puk in livingroom was faulty and needs replaced as error 400, discovery plus won't open.  Nest day bedroom also started to have error 400.  Everything else works perfect, netflix, amazon prime, all channels work fine.  Any sign of this being resolved.  Tech support yesterday said no known issues with discovery plus.  Serious....  Any resolution yet...

1morgs
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1morgs This message was authored by: 1morgs

This is the exact same problem we've all been having since the 12th. No solution yet and very poor communication from sky. 

This message was authored by purpleparrotuk This message was authored by: purpleparrotuk

Great. So looking at the earlier post, Sky are getting people to replace pucks now saying they are faulty because of this and no one else has the problem!  Do they know what they are doing?

This message was authored by DomBod This message was authored by: DomBod

Despite Discovery plus recognising there is a fault Sky on their website still claim there are no issues.  So once customers have tried switching off, rebooting, refreshing or factory reset and it doesn't work Sky customer services have to blame hardware suggest replacing the puck.  I assume that the software engineers are still working to find a fix despite Sky offi ial line that there are no issues.

This message was authored by Richy721 This message was authored by: Richy721

Re: Discovery plus not working

When is it going to be fixed please been over a week now 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Thats usually what the Sky Customers Services people say, unless they have personally dealt with other calls of a similar nature.   Customer Services agents are always the last to know what is going on when there are issues.

Clogging the Sky Customer Services phone number even more to report an issue that both Discovery and Sky have aknowledged and said is being worked on, is extremely unlikely to make any difference to the issue getting resolved any quicker.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience whilst we worked through this problem.

This problem is now resolved, however if your device is still having trouble, you can complete these steps to recover.

This process will sign you out of your TV apps and reset personalised settings that you may have changed.  Once you have completed the process, you will be able to sign in to your TV apps.

1. Press Home on your Sky remote.
  2. Keep pressing down and select Settings.
  3. Select System Management, then Resets & updates and Factory reset.
  4. Select the option to conduct the factory reset and when the screen goes black, press 4 and 6 on your remote control for 3 seconds, so that it unpairs itself.
  5. Once the device has started back up, follow the steps on-screen to re-activate the service and get signed back in to everything.
Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by TC171 This message was authored by: TC171

Has anyone tried this and does it actually work? 

I see from prior stages of this thread that factory resets did not work, and I would like to avoid needing to sign back into Paramount, Apple, Amazon, Disney, etc etc etc unless it is going to fix the Discovery+ issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion