Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by 1morgs This message was authored by: 1morgs

Discovery plus error 400

Discovery plus stopped working today

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Discovery plus error 400

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience whilst we worked through this problem.

This problem is now resolved, however if your device is still having trouble, you can complete these steps to recover.

This process will sign you out of your TV apps and reset personalised settings that you may have changed.  Once you have completed the process, you will be able to sign in to your TV apps.

1. Press Home on your Sky remote.
  2. Keep pressing down and select Settings.
  3. Select System Management, then Resets & updates and Factory reset.
  4. Select the option to conduct the factory reset and when the screen goes black, press 4 and 6 on your remote control for 3 seconds, so that it unpairs itself.
  5. Once the device has started back up, follow the steps on-screen to re-activate the service and get signed back in to everything.
Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Dasco This message was authored by: Dasco

Discovery plus on sky stream

I activated discovery plus on sky stream started to watch a programme. Went out came back tried to continue watching the programme but it's a bank screen with a square in the centre. All other apps work just discovery plus 

This message was authored by Julez2513 This message was authored by: Julez2513

Discovery plus not working

Hello I am new to any type of discussion online anywhere, I am having trouble with my discovery plus on my sky stream, all it does is come up with splash image, greyish screen and does nothing else, any help with this would be great as it was working absolutely fine yesterday 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Discovery plus not working

You should expect to get questions not just receive answers😉

First question...

Have you ... Powered off the Puck at the plug ... Waited 2 minutes ... Turn the power on again at the plug?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Discovery plus not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Julez2513 welcome to the Sky Community.

Hopefully some of the suggestions and advice offered will resolve your issue.

The first thing to try is to reboot the device. This can be done by turning it off at the plug, or unplugging it for a couple of minutes. As these devices are essentially mini computers they sometimes can be prone to crashing and misbehaving that a reboot normally resolves.

If the reboot doesn't help at all, you can try an App Refresh. This will refresh the apps that are on your Sky Stream device and is can help solve issues that can be caused by corrupted app metadata.  T o do this go to Settings -> System Management -> Resets & Updates -> Refresh Apps. This process is not instant and is carried out in the background so it may take up to 24 hours to complete. You can still use your Sky Stream at the same time but i'd avoid trying to load Discovery plus for several hours.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by KBan2304 This message was authored by: KBan2304

Discovery+ app

Anyone else randomly not able to get on this app?? It gives me an error code saying I'm not connected to internet (I am, Sky Stream, Gigafast and all other apps working fine) or it hangs on a screen with a black box and 'splash image' written on it. What's going on???

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Discovery+ app

@KBan2304 have you tried rebooting the Sky Glass, by turning it off at the plug for about 10 minutes and seeing if that restores the functionality of the app?

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by KBan2304 This message was authored by: KBan2304

Re: Discovery+ app

I have 4 stream pucks in different rooms and all doing the same thing. I've now factory re-set them and it seems To be working for now...

This message was authored by grunny This message was authored by: grunny

discovery +

jnew to sky stream  im trying to put discovery + on    the account is activated   but when i select it to play  after some time it comes up with no internet    but the puck as a good internet connection.

any ideas guys ?

Re: discovery +

Hi @grunny - is it only discovery + that does this? Do the live TV channels and other apps work ok?

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by grunny This message was authored by: grunny

Yes just discovery +  all channels are fine and Netflix is also fine

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

I'm getting this with Discovery +.  Seems to have coincided with updating to build version Q24. I had to reset Youtube as well.  Everything else seems fine.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

@trevforum wrote:

I'm getting this with Discovery +.  Seems to have coincided with updating to build version Q24. I had to reset Youtube as well.  Everything else seems fine.

Yeah seen a few other posts with people having YouTube issues today @trevforum.

@grunny - try turning it off at the plug for 10 minutes to allow it to do a clean reboot and see if that helps. I know that resolved similar issues others have had with the YouTube app today.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by NickP1 This message was authored by: NickP1

Discovery plus says no internet connection

Opening the discovery plus app it says there is no internet connection, there is an internet connection and all other apps work. I can watch discovery plus on my phone but not through the app on sky stream.

Re: Discovery plus says no internet connection

@NickP1 Unplug the device for 10 minutes and then see if discovery + starts working again.

A few people have reported this issue on the forum today affecting YouTube and discovery +, which may have been caused by your stream puck updating to the latest Q024 release potentially and maybe corrupting the app.

the 10 minute unplug has worked for others in resolving it.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion