Discussion topic: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why, thi

This message was authored by Elly+OCasey This message was authored by: Elly+OCasey

Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why, thi

Hope someone can help, because sky couldn't provide answer. Just got new sky stream with netflix, everthing great, until i go on itvx. Ad break starts with cupra car ad, then screen goes blank til program starts again! Not sure why no more ads are playing, sky checked and i haven't upgraded to pay more for no ads to play, so im a bit confused. Anyone else have this issue? Not that i like ads, but a black blank screen is weird, and no sound.

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

@Elly+OCasey wrote:

Hope someone can help, because sky couldn't provide answer. Just got new sky stream with netflix, everthing great, until i go on itvx. Ad break starts with cupra car ad, then screen goes blank til program starts again! Not sure why no more ads are playing, sky checked and i haven't upgraded to pay more for no ads to play, so im a bit confused. Anyone else have this issue? Not that i like ads, but a black blank screen is weird, and no sound.

The ITVX app on Stream is still pretty glitchy with ads. The only way to get no ads at all is to pay ITV directly for their ITVX Premium service (which also includes BritBox content).

If you pay Sky for ad-skipping you can fast forward the ads on ITVX, but it doesn't remove them completely. 

Elly+OCasey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Elly+OCasey This message was authored by: Elly+OCasey

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

Thanks, ive not paid anyone for ad free, so not sure why this is happening. Might try getting in touch with itvx direct, thanks anyway

Elly+OCasey
Topic Author

All sorted. Got in touch with itvx, was told to trythe usual, turn box and broadband off at the wall, wait 30 seconds, turn back on, if that didn't work, which it didn't, go on itvx home page, type in a code and bingo! Now works fine

This message was authored by mattjs This message was authored by: mattjs

@Elly+OCasey what code did you type in out of interest? I am having the same problem

Elly+OCasey
Topic Author

Hi mattjs. Just typed a reply, but not allowed to send it, so i suggest you ring itvx and they will provide you with a code. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mattjsTo reset the ITVX app: open the app & enter 0 0 0 0 7 7 7.   After entering the code (which basically clears the cache) the App should respond by saying “The storage has been cleared”.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Elly+OCasey
Topic Author

Just wondering how you could send code, but when i tried ,something blocks me sending message, bit strange

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Elly+OCasey wrote:

Just wondering how you could send code, but when i tried ,something blocks me sending message, bit strange

@Elly+OCasey This forum does not permit strings of numbers (phone numbers being a good example).  To get around this I just put a space between the individual numbers 😀

Elly+OCasey
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 @Aah, clever. Thanks

This message was authored by Kevillie This message was authored by: Kevillie

I have paid sky to remove ads and it worked for a while but recently it has not worked on ITVX. it fast forwards but then still plays the ad at the end and I have to press enter to get back to the program 

This message was authored by Bluegiraffe This message was authored by: Bluegiraffe

Whoever wrote, tested and released the the ITVX app should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

That is all

Pat

This message was authored by mattjs This message was authored by: mattjs

Tested?

@Bluegiraffe wrote:

Whoever wrote, tested and released the the ITVX app should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

@Bluegiraffe Yes, ITVX is pretty dire isn't it.  They have some good programmes but the implementation is very poor.  Personally I haven't found it any better (or worse for that matter) than the old ITV Hub App.  

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

I find ITVX to be perfectly useable when you have paid for ITVX Premium, then you don't have to bother with Sky's abominable ad-skipping nonsense because content is streamed properly ad-free. 

If you watch a lot of ITV then I'd recommend it. There are sometimes deals available to get an annual subscription at a discount.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion