Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

@ken+mackenzie wrote:

I have also same synch issue but only one one of two pucks 

Both have same software  so why the issue with only one ?

Settings are also the same on both and are used on two identical TV's both having soundbars 

So is it a software issue ?

Same soundbars?

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

No

one is so is playbar connected optically from tv

other is lgsky10 connected via arc from tv 

Both did work fine

Now the one connected to lgsky10 has the sync issu

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@ken+mackenzie wrote:

No

one is so is playbar connected optically from tv

other is lgsky10 connected via arc from tv 

Both did work fine

Now the one connected to lgsky10 has the sync issu

Good info and doesn't surprise me that the one connected via optical from tv is ok. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Binkie79 This message was authored by: Binkie79

Lip sync issues with sky pucks

We yave had our sky stream pucks for around 4wks now & they were great at first but for the last 2wks we have had  major issues with lip sync. Its way off no matter what setting we change it to.

any advice much appreciated

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Lip sync issues with sky pucks

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Binkie79welcome to the forum.  There was an update about a week ago which has caused the latest lip sync issue.  This is a long thread to read through so to save you the trouble the current advice is to change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough.  This is a temporary workaround whilst Sky fix the issue.  Strangely the issue does not effect everyone.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Binkie79 This message was authored by: Binkie79

Thank you..... I will try this

This message was authored by McQueen10 This message was authored by: McQueen10

I have sky stream and over the last week my sound has gone out of sync

I have sky stream and over the last week the sound has just gone out of sync I have tried everything I could to fix the problem but it's still out of sync 

This message was authored by Peter682 This message was authored by: Peter682

Re: I have sky stream and over the last week my sound has gone out of sync

I changed the audio setting on the puck from auto to PCM stereo..been working fine for the last week...no software update as yet..

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: I have sky stream and over the last week my sound has gone out of sync

@McQueen10There was an update about a week ago which has caused the latest lip sync issue.  The temporary workaround suggested by Sky is to change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough. 

Sky are working hard to find a solution 😀

This message was authored by Charlotte007 This message was authored by: Charlotte007

Recurring voice delays on tv

Sound is delayed on all channels . Have turned off box twice . Works for so long then happens again 

This message was authored by FunkyL This message was authored by: FunkyL

Despite turning to passthrough, has started to happen again tonight.  Switching channels made it go away, for a bit... also got lots of glitching/corruption on the screen, and some form of dynamic resolution thing going on.  We seem to be watching most programmes in 720 or something despite it supposed to be at UHD.  Is there an option to cancel our contract early as this is not what we signed up for - surely some form of trades description thing applies?

Re: Recurring voice delays on tv

@Charlotte007 wrote:

Sound is delayed on all channels . Have turned off box twice . Works for so long then happens again 

@Charlotte007 Have you tried the temporary workaround that was suggested by Sky and mentioned though out the thread?  The recommendation is to change your audio to PCM or Passthrough, which seems to work for most but not all people but is certainly worth trying. Personally I have mine set on DD+ with no lip sync. 

This message was authored by Ashleyburton This message was authored by: Ashleyburton

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

Same for me. Only happened over the last week. Ridiculous that this can't be sorted after so many reports of this. 
I tried syncing Tv delay and Sky delay but nothing works. 
Netflix via the TV app works fine, the same as Prime, it only happens with Sky. 
Please update as it's driving me nuts!!

This message was authored by nmbailey This message was authored by: nmbailey

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

As mentioned on other threads, it is a Stream issue caused by the last update. The workaround is to change the Sound Setting from Auto to Passthrough

This message was authored by Emilyastleyxxx This message was authored by: Emilyastleyxxx

Lip sync miles out on all channels

On sky stream, the lip sync is miles out on all channels, have to restart puck then it's okay for abit, then will start again. Any suggestions why or how to sort??

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion