Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Dray Yes, that is correct.  There was no QS026 update as it was rolled into QS027

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Paul+Dray Yes, that is correct.  There was no QS026 update as it was rolled into QS027

Ok understand that. Presumably this update includes the fix for the lip sync issue people have been having? I've not had any problems myself using passthrough to my av amp so can't check for people 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Paul+Dray  Like you I didn't see much in the way of lip sync issues but I have been experimenting  with my audio setting today and so far have still not had any issues.

This message was authored by JasonLee This message was authored by: JasonLee

Unfortunately, the update hasn't solved the lip sync issue. Warning FYI: it actually changed my audio setting back to Dolby Digital from PCM Stereo which I was only using as the workaround; had to change it back to PCM Stereo in order to have a lip-synced puck!

This message was authored by JasonLee This message was authored by: JasonLee

My bad - the puck update I refered to is showing as QS025.017.00P - not QS027; that may solve the problem but not received it yet to try

This message was authored by ondemand-done This message was authored by: ondemand-done

Re: Sky Stream Lip Sync

We have the same problem, it only started recently.  

@ondemand-done I don't know if you have read through this very long thread but if not to save you the trouble try changing your audio settings to PCM or passthrough.  This has been recommended by Sky as a workaround whilst they find a solution.

This message was authored by ondemand-done This message was authored by: ondemand-done

Thank you - that seems to have made an immediate impact, and improved the sound quality.  I have a basic set-up, just a stream plugged into a tv via hdmi.

Thank you 

@ondemand-done Glad it worked for you. I find that if I use PCM I get sound dropouts which I'm guessing is something to do with my soundbar.  I have ended up using Dolby Digital + and have found that generally seems to work for me.  

This message was authored by Colma3D This message was authored by: Colma3D

Re: Sound sync issues with sky stream

I have the same issue, tried restarting sky pick it was ok for about 5 mins then the sinc issue was back.

if you put the pick in standby and back on again the sinc again was ok but after a few mins the issue was back again.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sound sync issues with sky stream

Hi @Jservd and @Colma3D 

This is a known issue at the minute with Sky Stream. Changing your audio output to PCM in the audio settings as per this thread over on the Sky Stream Forum should resolve: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/QS025-Lip-Sync-Issues/td-p/4607728

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Sandrashurgold This message was authored by: Sandrashurgold

The sound is lagging

The sound lagging on all programs 

Re: The sound is lagging

@Sandrashurgold Sky are working to find a solution to the lip sync issue.

Rather than having to read right through the very long thread Sky have advised as a temporary workaround to change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough whilst the find a solution.

This message was authored by Dpbraham This message was authored by: Dpbraham

The sound is not in sync with the picture

i have a black box for sky stream. The picture is not in sync with the sound. Using the tv for receiving programs without the box is fine. Can you help with syncronising the sound with the picture?

This message was authored by Marksman67 This message was authored by: Marksman67

Re: The sound is not in sync with the picture.

I had the same problem.  I sorted it by changing sound from auto to pcm stereo. 
Go to: 

Settings, Picture and Sound, Sound, Digital audio output HDMI then change to PCM Stereo

Hope this helps for you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion