Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Gaz1978 This message was authored by: Gaz1978

Re: SKY STREAM - New software build QS021.005.00P caused new audio sync issue

I'm having sound sync issues with my Sky Stream Puck as of yesterday too.

All has been fine for the past 6 months and then suddenly it's rubbish! I've turned it all off at the plug socket, left for a minute or 2 then rebooted it, and it has marginally improved but it's by no means great........super frustrating watching films!

My sound is coming straight out my LG TV speakers.

Any ideas or am I just dealing with what it looks like many others are oing at the minute????

COME ON SKY!

This message was authored by Matt138 This message was authored by: Matt138

I have had the same issue start today.

This message was authored by Cromby This message was authored by: Cromby

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

Seem to have solved the issue......  

Lip sync issue (slight sound delay) started yesterday. Tried recommended solutions and spoke to Sky tech team member. Seemed to fix the issue but went out of sync again shortly after having seemingly been resolved.

I ave just switched from auto to PCM stereo in the sound options (Settings - Picture and sound - Sound - Digital audio output HDMI - choose PCM stereo) as I am using the internal speaker system of my LG OLED.  I switched off Dolby option in the TV's settings.

This message was authored by MichaelA1961 This message was authored by: MichaelA1961

Turned on TV late yesterday and immediately noticed sync problem. Hardware hasn't changed so must be software. Changed setting Digital audio output HDMI to PCM Stereo from Auto and working fine.

This message was authored by MichaelA1961 This message was authored by: MichaelA1961

Sky - you need to sort this out.

This message was authored by Bob561 This message was authored by: Bob561

Sound sync

Since yesterday , 4th April 2024 sound across all channels is out of sync . In addition sound on many channels sounds like it's warbling - most annoying. 
Thought it might have fixed itself today , 5th April , but still the same.

Tried usual on/off routines , resetting etc etc to no avail 😡

This message was authored by Mark-1974 This message was authored by: Mark-1974

Lip sync on my sky stream is terrible, they just says adjust the sound settings... This just makes the lip sync get further out. Not happy at all!!! 

This message was authored by Mr221 This message was authored by: Mr221

@Paul+Dray  

we have had the same problem since the new update two nights ago sky stream can you sort it out never a problem before 

This message was authored by MarieF1 This message was authored by: MarieF1

The sync on my sky stream is out. I have tried changing to all the other settings and turned it off

I have tried turning off and on but still sync is not right 

This message was authored by Gaz1978 This message was authored by: Gaz1978

Exactly my experience 🙄

This message was authored by andyt8765 This message was authored by: andyt8765

As of yesterday having the same issue. Audio comes ~250 ms after the image on all sound settings except PCM stereo, but PCM sounds tinny. My PS5 is absolutely fine so it is definitely an issue with the Sky Stream puck.

My puck and PS5 are connected to my TV through HDMI, and my TV is connected to a soundbar through optical audio cable.

Hopefully an update is on the way to fix this, but changing audio settings to PCM stereo appears to be the best option at the moment.

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

I don't have any lip sync issues (using a Samsung Q990C soundbar with eARC), but they have finally fixed the picture freeze when switching between stereo and dolby atmos. Yaaay.

This message was authored by Leewinter1974 This message was authored by: Leewinter1974

Delayed speaking

When programs are on the voice isn't at the same speed 

This message was authored by Trev55 This message was authored by: Trev55

Same issue for me been fine for six months now it is all over the place, it is doing my head in. Lip sync issue started 5/4/24 as far as I know

This message was authored by Hoppy+55 This message was authored by: Hoppy+55

Thanks Michael, just read your post, & changed mine 👍

Dh

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion