Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Mr221 This message was authored by: Mr221

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Went into settings and sounds and changed digital audio output hdmi to pass through and it's solved it. 

This message was authored by Kingy2kingy This message was authored by: Kingy2kingy

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

Luckily for me. A call to Sky and I changed my Sound settings on Stream puck to use PCM stereo. 
For years it has been set to Auto and worked fine.

She said that it's awaiting a software update but that in the meantime, the PCM stereo setting has resolved for most customers as a workaround.

Previous to that call I had hard reset everything, including have to re-register my remotes etc via Sky Activate.

All good now so lucky I suppose.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know you're experiencing an issue with lip sync. I can confirm we're investigating an issue with live and on demand content being out of sync on Glass and Stream but have the right people working on it 💪🏼

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know you're experiencing an issue with lip sync. I can confirm we're investigating an issue with live and on demand content being out of sync on Glass and Stream but have the right people working on it 💪🏼

It's baffling to me as to why the in-puck audio formats audio delay has been such a frequent issue. Possibly understandable in connection with third party streaming apps updates, but not with Sky's own live and on demand content. Surely it's a case of getting as little audio latency as possible and then let the users adjust for more delay according to their different setups. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Elise5 This message was authored by: Elise5

Lip sync / dubbing issues

The last 2 days the audio delay has been completely out of sync. Its driving me insane. I've tried turning off the puc, I've tried unplugging everything, I've tried all of the audio delay setting, painstakingly changing it to every single setting both on sky and on my TV and still hasn't helped. Why has it suddenly changed? It's only been last 2 days? Please someone tell me there's a fix???
This message was authored by nmbailey This message was authored by: nmbailey

Re: Lip sync / dubbing issues

It appears to be a bug introduced in a recent software update. Go into Settings, Sound and try changing it from Auto to PCM or Pass Through

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Good morning!

We have identified a workaround for issues with lipsync:

Option 1: Change the Audio Output HDMI to PCM
Option 2: Remove External Soundbar/Speakers and use the TV Audio

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Pukkajim This message was authored by: Pukkajim

So basically for me who pays for Atmos I have to go to stereo sound to get audio to match the visuals? This isn't a workaround 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pukkajim wrote:

So basically for me who pays for Atmos I have to go to stereo sound to get audio to match the visuals? This isn't a workaround 

@Pukkajim That is exactly what it is, a temporary workaround whilst Sky find a permanent solution.  Admittedly we will not be getting the best audio format available but surely it is better than watching with lip sync and at least you still have the UHD.

Let's hope a permanent solution is found for those suffering with the lip sync issue 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could also try Passthrough seems to wotrk for me with puck connected direct to TV with TV connected to 7.1 Surround through Earc

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Elise5 This message was authored by: Elise5

Re: Lip sync / dubbing issues

Tried this today and does look to have massively improved the lip sync. Thanks for the tip. 👍

This message was authored by JamieB234 This message was authored by: JamieB234

Re: Sky Stream Lip Sync

This is exactly the same issue we have. Got Sky Puck last year (probably around 6 month too) and no issues. But for the last 10 days it's been out of sync. Definitely sounds like there's been an update issue! 

We can switch it off and restart but it gets gradually worse again, anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours. 

so frustrating and not at all what I want to be paying for! 

This message was authored by sammyh98 This message was authored by: sammyh98

Lip Sync issues have plagued Sky Stream since the very beginning, sometimes it gets better, but never quite goes away, other times it's just really bad!!!

However, setting your audio to Passthough has worked for us.

Passthrough, in my basic understanding, stops the Sky Stream box decoding or trying to mess with the received audio stream, it simply passes the signal through the Sky Stream Box to the next device, i.e. TV or Amp and that does the job of decoding the audio signal in the format that you have selected on that device. 

Hence no lip-sync issues...

This message was authored by sammyh98 This message was authored by: sammyh98

@Pukkajim  Try setting your Sky Stream Box to Passthrough, that should allow your soundbar or Amp to decode the audio and give you Dolby Atmos, or whatever audio format you prefer. 

Passthrough tells the Sky Stream Box to keep it's paws off the audio stream and do nothing with it, like introduce audio delays!!!

This message was authored by Si99 This message was authored by: Si99

Hi 

thr sky stream box seems under powered processor or ram etc

apple tv dolby vision atmos cuts out all the so I have to use the Sony tv owns app. 

to get lip sync to go away particularly on sky sports uhd i set up as follows with latest type of hdmi cables from ugreen.....stream sound setting is pass through

Steam box into soundbar then hdmi arc out of soundbar into tv. 

strips out the sound before sending video to tv.

unless new hardware comes out once my contract is over I'll not keep sky stream. I will either go back to virgin 360 (not their version of stream) or not bother and see how I get on without sports.....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion