Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

It still doesn't fix the issue. It slowly drifts out of sync or stops sending audio completely when you change channels (for me, anyway)

I don't know what message this is a reply to @LS3Capri  same as your 2 other above messages not sure who or what comment they are a response to. When you click on the reply button and it takes you to the reply form if you click on the " (quotation mark) symbol in the format icons above the typing box first it'll then put the message you are replying to in. Yes I know it should do this automatically like every other forum I've used but it doesn't so just have to get in the habit of clicking that " icon first before typing.

@Paul+Dray 

Ah ha! Thanks for that. Terrible forum also. Im

on many different forums and none are as bad as this 🤣

I was referring to your 'passthrough' post earlier...  when I set mine to that, it slowly drifts out of sync until you change channels then back again, or sometimes just completely disappears. Have both TV and Puck set to passthrough on a Q990C

Ah that's not my experience so I'm guessing something to do with how it's behaving with your TV/Soundbar (and of course potentially being caused by the recent sky puck software) I see your soundbar has eARC hdmi input/output. What's your TV model? Do you have the puck connected by hdmi to one of the soundbars hdmi inputs or is the puck connected to the TV?

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by No10 This message was authored by: No10

""

@LS3Capri @Paul+Dray 

mine slowly drifted out of synch on pass through but has been fine for 2 days on PCM Stereo.

Just the Puck and an LG Smart TV

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

It still doesn't fix the issue. It slowly drifts out of sync or stops sending audio completely when you change channels (for me, anyway)

I don't know what message this is a reply to @LS3Capri  same as your 2 other above messages not sure who or what comment they are a response to. When you click on the reply button and it takes you to the reply form if you click on the " (quotation mark) symbol in the format icons above the typing box first it'll then put the message you are replying to in. Yes I know it should do this automatically like every other forum I've used but it doesn't so just have to get in the habit of clicking that " icon first before typing.

@Paul+Dray 

I was referring to your 'passthrough' post earlier...  when I set mine to that, it slowly drifts out of sync until you change channels then back again, or sometimes just completely disappears. Have both TV and Puck set to passthrough on a Q990C

Ah that's not my experience so I'm guessing something to do with how it's behaving with your TV/Soundbar (and of course potentially being caused by the recent sky puck software) I see your soundbar has eARC hdmi input/output. What's your TV model? Do you have the puck connected by hdmi to one of the soundbars hdmi inputs or is the puck connected to the TV?

@LS3Capri @Paul+Dray 

mine slowly drifted out of synch on pass through but has been fine for 2 days on PCM Stereo.

This message was authored by LS3Capri This message was authored by: LS3Capri

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

@Paul+Dray 

Ah that's not my experience so I'm guessing something to do with how it's behaving with your TV/Soundbar (and of course potentially being caused by the recent sky puck software) I see your soundbar has eARC hdmi input/output. What's your TV model? Do you have the puck connected to by hdmi to one of the soundbars hdmi inputs or is the puck connected to the TV?

@Paul+Dray puck connected directly

to TV and soundbar connected to eARC port

on separate HDMI all with 8k cables and have tried supplied cables too. I don't like running devices as passthrough on HDMI ports. Just more to go wrong. 

My Xbox is connected exactly the same way and never has any issues.

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

@Paul+Dray 

DOH!

@LS3Capri @Paul+Dray 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@LS3Capri wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

@Paul+Dray 

Ah that's not my experience so I'm guessing something to do with how it's behaving with your TV/Soundbar (and of course potentially being caused by the recent sky puck software) I see your soundbar has eARC hdmi input/output. What's your TV model? Do you have the puck connected to by hdmi to one of the soundbars hdmi inputs or is the puck connected to the TV?

@Paul+Dray puck connected directly

to TV and soundbar connected to eARC port

on separate HDMI all with 8k cables and have tried supplied cables too. I don't like running devices as passthrough on HDMI ports. Just more to go wrong. 

My Xbox is connected exactly the same way and never has any issues.

Have you tried out of curiosity to take the hdmi cable coming from the puck out of the tv end and put it direct to an hdmi input on your soundbar to see if that makes any difference?

Not sure I get what you're saying about not liking to run devices as passthrough. It just means it's leaving your soundbar to provide you with the best audio fed to it from the given program/film. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by dapeden74 This message was authored by: dapeden74

@Chloe-W22 Really looking for a quick fix for this issue. I'm currently experiencing audio delays exceeding 1 second, and this continues to grow. This is clearly a drift between the video and audio content, which becomes noticeable after just a few minutes of viewing any Sky content.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ISH1962 wrote:

I've recently only had lip sync issues, I haven't added any hardware or changed any setting on my setup. It happened without any fault of my tv unit. This can only be a fault with Sky stream. However, I seem to have corrected the fault with a change to my tv sound controls from 'Bitstream' to 'PCM'. Once you have done this the tv resets and it should resolve the issue.

@ISH1962 This is an known issue which started last week when pucks were upgraded to QS025.017.00P.  As you have found the temporary workaround is to change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough.

cc @FunkyL 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: I’m having issues where the sound lags behind the picture, so when people speak it’s out of sync

@Chris_Smith wrote:

The only option in Sky Puck settings is to delay the sound even more (which obviously won't fix the problem). Can anyone help?

@Chris_Smith and @Constantine2 welcome to the forum.  This is a known issue that started last week following a softwafre update.  Many people have found that changing your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough seems to help.

There is a comprehensive thread at the following link (posts 77 and 99 are particularly worth reading).

This message was authored by Anthony10101 This message was authored by: Anthony10101

Re: Sky pick stream audio being delayed

The need is to advance sound not delay it! It's  easy to delay but the puck is delivering sound out of sync

Re: Sky pick stream audio being delayed

@Anthony10101 Sky are aware of the issue and are working to find a solution.  The new lip sync issue started last week after an update.  The recommended temporary workaround is to change the audio setting to PCM or Passthrough.

There is another link to the issue HERE

This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

I have also same synch issue but only one one of two pucks 

Both have same software  so why the issue with only one ?

Settings are also the same on both and are used on two identical TV's both having soundbars 

So is it a software issue ?

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey everyone,

Just want to thank you again for your patience on this. We moved a number of customers to a new version of R25 - R25.018 and have received mixed feedback on whether it resolved the lip sync issues.

Shout out to @Deedee36 @Steve888 @Pukkajim for your help in private message and the feedback you've been giving!

Support teams are still investigating as we speak, any further updates I'll be back here 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

@ken+mackenzie wrote:

I have also same synch issue but only one one of two pucks 

Both have same software  so why the issue with only one ?

Settings are also the same on both and are used on two identical TV's both having soundbars 

So is it a software issue ?

@ken+mackenzie That's the million dollar question, why is there such a difference in the experience of different subscribers. Many people have no issues at all whilst with others the experience is so bad they cancel Sky altogether.  Thankfully I fall in the middle where any issues are fairly minor and are usually resolved by a reboot.

Sky are working hard for a solution so let's hope on is found soon.

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Chloe-W22 Thanks for the update 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion