Discussion topic: Sky pick stream freezes

This message was authored by Moonraider66 This message was authored by: Moonraider66

Sky pick stream freezes

Just had sky stream put in, watching Chanel 4 and other apps it freezes out regularly unable to pause or play and resumes in a different place all the time. It quite often comes up with oops this is embarrassing even on the living room box which is next to the modem. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky pick stream freezes

@Moonraider66 wrote:

Just had sky stream put in, watching Chanel 4 and other apps it freezes out regularly unable to pause or play and resumes in a different place all the time. It quite often comes up with oops this is embarrassing even on the living room box which is next to the modem. 

What broadband speed is reaching the puck? To find out, open the Netflix app, navigate to the get help menu and run a network check. 

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@Moonraider66  Also to keep in mind stream needs both a fast connection (25meg plus minimum) AND a strong/stable WiFi signal at the puck.  If it is possible it is better to connect the puck to the router with an ethernet cable, will always provide a more stable connection.

Moonraider66
Topic Author
This message was authored by Moonraider66 This message was authored by: Moonraider66

Hi, 

We have installed 900mb internet with the WiFi max box, I didn't realise one of the pucks with this problem is wired it tests at 89mbps on Netflix. My phone at the furthest point away in the house has just wifi tested at 101mbps. All we really have in use in the house is 3 pucks and a few phones so nothing draining there is a console but when I tested it was off. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion