Discussion topic: Sky stream sucks!

This message was authored by KeithL63 This message was authored by: KeithL63

Sky stream sucks!

Persuaded to have Sky Stream when I finally spoke to someone I thought was going to help reduce my bill. 10 days later and I still can't get it to work. My connection speed is 56.56mbps according to Netflix but I still can't watch anything for more than 10 or 15 seconds before the screen freezes, and I have to reboot. Ethernet cable has made no difference. Should I buy a powerline adaptor (whatever that is!). So sick of Sky and their non-existent service. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky stream sucks!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KeithL63 when you switched over to the ethernet cable did you also disable the Wifi in the puck's network settings? If Wifi is enabled and you have previously set it up for Wifi the puck will keep switching between Wifi and ethernet for some reason.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

KeithL63
Topic Author
This message was authored by KeithL63 This message was authored by: KeithL63

Thanks Mark. I did, but to no avail.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@MarkGoldsmith That's a very useful tip

How do u get there please?

I had to say I am very impressed why the picture and sound quality, compared to Q

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony  I previously has a Glass TV and changed to a Stream puck with a new Samsung TV and soundbar. Since doing so the picture and sound are outstanding.

To turn off WiFi go to Settings > Network > Advance Settings.  The second option is WiFi on/off.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Agree fully. 

Thank you so much for the tip. I didn't think you need WiFi on if you using Ethernet

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion