Discussion topic: Sky tv doesn't work and can't activate. Phone only takes outgoing calls.

This message was authored by BenSibley This message was authored by: BenSibley

Sky tv doesn't work and can't activate. Phone only takes outgoing calls.

My sky engineer installed sky TV, phone and rooter yesterday but I had to leave for work as she was finishing the installation. My appointment was 8-1, but she arrived at 12pm and I had to leave work for 1:30pm. As a result I didn't see the end of the installation and it doesn't work when I switched it on today. I'm not technically minded and can't seem to match my email to my payment method to log in and go past the activate page on the TV. I need help with the set up.

My old sky box is still activated, so at least my elderly mother has something to watch while I'm at work today, but the phone only takes outgoing calls as the sky line seams to be unactivated at this point. I now have to go work in the NHS, so have to leave, but if someone can call me first thing tomorrow I'd be appreciated.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky tv doesn't work and can't activate. Phone only takes outgoing calls.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @BenSibley . This is a community forum of other Sky customers, rather than sky customer services so no one from Sky will be able to phone you off the back on a forum post.

If you can detail more about the issues you are having people in this community have be able to offer advice. Alternaitely you would need to call Sky. 

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number. If you are in the ROI on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @BenSibley . This is a community forum of other Sky customers, rather than sky customer services so no one from Sky will be able to phone you off the back on a forum post.

If you can detail more about the issues you are having people in this community have be able to offer advice. Alternaitely you would need to call Sky. 

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number. If you are in the ROI on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

BenSibley
Topic Author
This message was authored by BenSibley This message was authored by: BenSibley

Thank-you for your reply. I rang the number you provided and was all settled in half an hour. Thank-you for your help in guiding me in the right direction👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion