Discussion topic: iPlayer Randomly Starts

This message was authored by Imperial19 This message was authored by: Imperial19

iPlayer Randomly Starts

When selecting 'TV Guide View all', then selecting 'All channels', when I start to scroll through the channels to see what is on, BBC iPlayer starts to load.  It does it all of the time, especially when first switching on the TV.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening as it is very annoying.

Best Answers
Imperial19
Topic Author
This message was authored by Imperial19 This message was authored by: Imperial19 Answer

Re: iPlayer Randomly Starts

Thanks for all your help.

I think that I have found the issue.  When starting up, the All Channels option appears, and after a number of seconds it disappears automatically. I thought that I was selecting it but I must have just been pressing as it was disappearing and therefore selecting the item below which is where the Watch From Start selections below sit, which are mostly iPlayer.

Issue solved.

Thanks again.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Imperial19  are you accidentally hitting restart now on top of the tv guide 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
Imperial19
Topic Author
This message was authored by Imperial19 This message was authored by: Imperial19

Hi @Deedee36 the first time it happened we thought we had maybe touched something but we take care not to touch anything and still it loads.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you keep pressing the middle "select" button on the remote when the guide is up it's possible it's selecting the "watch from start" button which would open iplayer to start the show from the beginning.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Does it do it when you don't select all channels?

Exiled in HH
Imperial19
Topic Author

Thanks @MarkGoldsmith Strangely we do not press anything at all other than the scroll down button as we move through the channels.

Imperial19
Topic Author

Thank you @Exiled-in-HH Do not know if it does, will try and find a pattern in how and when it is happening but of course when you try to make it happen it doesn't 🙂

This message was authored by GForsyth This message was authored by: GForsyth

I have 2 Sky pucks and both do exactly the same thing as yours. Scroll down from All Channels and BBC iPlayer randomly starts. Pretty sure it's a bug that a firmware update should fix. I can't imagine Sky are not aware of this intermittent issue.

Imperial19
Topic Author
This message was authored by Imperial19 This message was authored by: Imperial19 Answer

Thanks for all your help.

I think that I have found the issue.  When starting up, the All Channels option appears, and after a number of seconds it disappears automatically. I thought that I was selecting it but I must have just been pressing as it was disappearing and therefore selecting the item below which is where the Watch From Start selections below sit, which are mostly iPlayer.

Issue solved.

Thanks again.

This message was authored by Terrible+Support This message was authored by: Terrible+Support

It is a bug - it should not do this. It is because of bad interface design. You have to quickly select a non-BBC channel to prevent it before looking at the schedule.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion