Discussion topic: Need a rew remote control

This message was authored by Automaticlesson This message was authored by: Automaticlesson

Need a rew remote control

Sky + remote control is faulty. I changed the batteries, followed all the help links and nothing. I want a nre remote control or an engineer asap to fix it 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Need a rew remote control

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Automaticlesson wrote:

Sky + remote control is faulty. I changed the batteries, followed all the help links and nothing. I want a nre remote control or an engineer asap to fix it 

@Automaticlesson If you have Sky+ then if your remote has broken you will have to source a new fremote yourself as all Sky + equipment is owned by the customer so it is down to the customer to replace it add unto what others have said where Sky also no longer supports Sky+ so unless you have Sky protect you will not get an engineer either 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Automaticlesson

You can request a replacement at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote 

One thing that might get your remote working is to try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine on two occasions).

If you are lucky enough to have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

EDIT - I have just realised you have mentioned a Sky + remote.  You have posted on the Sky Stream forum and I have answered accordingly.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

If you are really referring to Sky +, i would think you are out of luck getting a replacement from Sky as Sky + went out of support a while ago, so you would need to source your own replacement remote from the likes of Amazon i would suggest.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@Automaticlesson wrote:

@Automaticlesson If you have Sky+ then if your remote has broken you will have to source a new fremote yourself as all Sky + equipment is owned by the customer so it is down to the customer to replace it add unto what others have said where Sky also no longer supports Sky+ so unless you have Sky protect you will not get an engineer either 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Automaticlesson wrote:

Sky won't send an engineer. You can buy a replacement Sky+ remote online, or a local hardware store, or probably even from your local supermarket.

This message was authored by CSH123456 This message was authored by: CSH123456

I bought one from Amazon a couple of years ago, they still sell them, they are £21.99 at the moment though. eBay probably have them also

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You can sometimes bring a remote back from the dead by cleaning the internals, see Q26 in my Sky Plus FAQ

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion