Discussion topic: On screen notifications for “watch from start”

This message was authored by Heather263 This message was authored by: Heather263

On screen notifications for “watch from start”

Recently I've noticed that when I change channels, I get the "started x mins ago, select to watch from start" notification. Although it goes after about 10 seconds, I don't want it but can't find a way to turn these notifications off. Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: On screen notifications for “watch from start”

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't have Sky+ to be able to check, but I would think the backup button on your remote should dismiss it.

Heather263
Topic Author
This message was authored by Heather263 This message was authored by: Heather263

Tha back button does dismiss it, but I shouldn't have to. It takes a few seconds to appear which means I either have to hold the remote until it appears, pick up the remote again or put up with the notification covering the screen till it disappears. I've been through settings, I've searched online but it just tells me how to use the feature, not how to turn them off.

It's not a notification you can turn off, so far as I know.

Heather263
Topic Author

That's what I was thinking.  Annoying and useless for me! Thanks anyway.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

I'm yet to see this on BBC channels on my Sky+HD box. I'd assumed that, as it launches iPlayer, it would only be on Sky Q. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Heather263  If you press services go to options then customise highlight on screen icon time out and if it's off turn it on that should remove the prompt after 5/10 secs each time it appears 

edit just re read your post you can't remove it permanently the above is the only solution 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by WilsonP This message was authored by: WilsonP

Absolutely annoying, stupid info and a waste of time - PLEASE REMOVE

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

@WilsonP wrote:

Absolutely annoying, stupid info and a waste of time - PLEASE REMOVE

I like it - please KEEP! 😂

This message was authored by Denjac This message was authored by: Denjac

• Please make this notification optional. Personally I find it more than irritating!
  •  

@Denjac wrote:
  • Please make this notification optional. Personally I find it more than irritating!
  •  

Varying views as you can see. You can minimise the intervention as previously posted.

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

@Denjac wrote:

Whereas I find it incredibly useful - odd that... 😁

This message was authored by Nippalobb This message was authored by: Nippalobb

It's not odd, it just proves that there should be an option to enable or disable it due to some liking and some disliking. Watch in ultra hd and data zone keeps popping up too. I'm unable to stop that as well. Annoying to some!

Obviously Sky bon't look at these forums because this has been going on for ages!

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Nippalobb wrote:

It's not odd, it just proves that there should be an option to enable or disable it due to some liking and some disliking. Watch in ultra hd and data zone keeps popping up too. I'm unable to stop that as well. Annoying to some!

Obviously Sky bon't look at these forums because this has been going on for ages!

That's got nothing to do with Sky+HD

This message was authored by Nippalobb This message was authored by: Nippalobb

Its been going on that long people are moving on from sky+hd to skyQ and Glass but it still appears. this was just a hint to sky to get there act together. Suppose i was wasting my time as usual!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion