Discussion topic: Constantly getting message ‘Sky Box not getting satellite signal

This message was authored by GM8 This message was authored by: GM8

Constantly getting message ‘Sky Box not getting satellite signal

Constantly getting message ‘Sky Box not getting satellite signal

Have been getting this message constantly over the last few days and have had the same problem many times previously. Understand bad weather plays a part but this is so bad that I'm thinking of leaving after 30 years as a customer.

I find  it really frustrating when channels 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 (HD channels) experience this problem yet channels 801, 802, 803, 804, 805 (non HD channels) work fine. So clearly my Sky Box is getting a satellite signal just not HD signal.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Constantly getting message ‘Sky Box not getting satellite signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

"No Signal" is an error generated by your TV indicating that it cannot find a device on the current input, check the correct input for your Sky box is selected

"No Satellite Signal" is an error generated by your Sky box and usually indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned (not all transponders are getting through, thus some channels may be affected and other not)
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using
• You have plugged your Sky+ box into a dish that is only compatible with Sky Q

You may have to call out a local satellite installer, unless you have Sky Protect insurance, to check/fix your system, another option is to move to Sky Q, as during the move all issues will be resolved as part of the install, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@GM8 wrote:

Have been getting this message constantly over the last few days and have had the same problem many times previously. Understand bad weather plays a part but this is so bad that I'm thinking of leaving after 30 years as a customer.

There's a problem with your dish setup. It's entirely possible to receive some channels perfectly, while getting a 'no satellite signal' on others, whether they're HD channels or not. It's a shame you haven't spoken to Sky about it previously, as they would have been able to send an engineer who would have fixed it. Unfortunately, Sky are no longer providing engineer support for Sky+, (unless you have Sky Protect) so you would either need to engage a local satellite engineer, or upgrade to Sky Q.

This message was authored by SB5323 This message was authored by: SB5323

Been getting this today,on both boxes,problem with viewing card on both my boxes with different card numbers

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion