Discussion topic: Sky HD Boxes Advice

DorsetJon
Topic Author
This message was authored by DorsetJon This message was authored by: DorsetJon

Re: Sky HD Boxes Advice

@oj01 many thanks for your reply,oj01.

So aside from multiroom and our TNT Sports sub,it seems our monthly is practically the same.

Am just TRYING to account as to why/where our current monthly sub is so much more expensive,than yours."Can you shine any light on it?"

DorsetJon
Topic Author
This message was authored by DorsetJon This message was authored by: DorsetJon

@HeathHayle thanks HeathHayle,will try.

This message was authored by 1staggy This message was authored by: 1staggy

I recently was contacted by Sky trying to get me to convert from HD box to Sky-Q and was unimpressed with the deal and they have emailed me to say my HD box will no longer get any software updates. It was quite intimidating but didn't specifically say what the implications of this was. Anybody else in this situation?

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

@1staggy you dont have to upgrade to sky Q if you dont want to your sky+HD box will continue to work to receive channels from the satellite

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
==============================
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1staggy wrote:

I recently was contacted by Sky trying to get me to convert from HD box to Sky-Q and was unimpressed with the deal and they have emailed me to say my HD box will no longer get any software updates. It was quite intimidating but didn't specifically say what the implications of this was. Anybody else in this situation?

You would almost certainly get a better deal by calling - tell Sky you want to switch, if that's the case, but don't want to pay more, and see what they come up with.

The lack of software updates is unlikely to have any major implications - after all there hasn't been an update for well over 12 months already. It's more likely that your box's hard disk will fail - even the latest Sky+ boxes are at least 8 years old. Bear in mind also that engineer support for Sky+ equipment has been withdrawn so you're on your own should a dish issue arise. And lastly, Sky boxes' interactive functionality has been withdrawn, as has the red button service. Rather than being killed off, it seems that Sky+ equipment is being allowed gradually to wither on the vine.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion