Discussion topic: Sky Q Box versas Sky+ Box

This message was authored by MICKEDJONES This message was authored by: MICKEDJONES

Sky Q Box versas Sky+ Box

I have a Sky+ Box  , but I am considering taking up the offer of a Free Sky Q Box, however I  have now discovered that the techician who installs it ,will fit a New LMB to my Satellite Dish.The Query I have is ....at present I have two other TVs, in bedrooms for guests and grandchildren, connected to the present LMB  and receiving programmes via FreeSat  Boxes ,  BUT  if I change to Sky Q can I still  connect  to  the two tap offs so that I can  still receive Freesat  in the two bedrooms ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky Q Box versas Sky+ Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your Freesat boxes need to be wideband to use a Sky Q LNB, also I'm not sure how many outputs the LNB has

You might need a 3rd party to install a hybrid LNB before you get Sky in to upgrade

MICKEDJONES
Topic Author
This message was authored by MICKEDJONES This message was authored by: MICKEDJONES

Thank you 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Annie+UK @MICKEDJONES 

Buy a hybrid lnb 2x4 and ask the sky engineer to install it when he installs Sky Q 🙂

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MICKEDJONES wrote:

I have a Sky+ Box  , but I am considering taking up the offer of a Free Sky Q Box, however I  have now discovered that the techician who installs it ,will fit a New LMB to my Satellite Dish.The Query I have is ....at present I have two other TVs, in bedrooms for guests and grandchildren, connected to the present LMB  and receiving programmes via FreeSat  Boxes ,  BUT  if I change to Sky Q can I still  connect  to  the two tap offs so that I can  still receive Freesat  in the two bedrooms ?

hi @MICKEDJONES 

You may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q

As per those notes SKY may consider supplying & fitting a Hybrid LNB where you already have Freesat boxes in use, if you discuss but they are becoming more reluctant to do so, thus as the others say if you do decide to upgrade then it may be worth buring your own Hybrid LNB and getting the engineer to install that 

MICKEDJONES
Topic Author

Many Thanks to you all, for your help and advice. I am fully in the picture now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion