Discussion topic: Sky hd+ box not connected to on demand

This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

Sky hd+ box not connected to on demand

Over the last 48 hours my sky+hd box keeps losing connection to the on demand services (but is connected to the broadband router). Also when I press the relevant tile for catch up tv and sky box sets there is no response. The remote controls the planner and tv channels with no problem. I have changed the remote batteries and preformed a planner rebuild without any success. Is anyone else having this problem or any further suggestions. Many thanks for your help.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky hd+ box not connected to on demand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried reboot the broadband router and the Sky+ box at the same time ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
lesley2957
Topic Author
This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

No I havent but there is no indication that there is any problem with the internet connection (light on at front of box  and all other devises working ok) plus its an intermittent problem - keeps saying that it has lost coonection to on demand not that it has lost connection to the broadband router. But I will try this . Thanks.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@lesley2957 when you do it, turn your Sky box and router off at the plug at the same time. Wait 30 seconds before restarting your router and another 4 minutes before restarting your Sky box. 

This message was authored by Flip5 This message was authored by: Flip5

I've been getting this too in the last month. It has started to periodically stop working then it randomly comes back.  None of the suggestions here really work and I know we aren't the only ones getting this.  I suspect the issue is with sky. Mine has gone again tonight.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Flip5 wrote:

I've been getting this too in the last month. It has started to periodically stop working then it randomly comes back.  None of the suggestions here really work and I know we aren't the only ones getting this.  I suspect the issue is with sky. Mine has gone again tonight.

See this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-hd-box-slow-to-access-catch-up-and-box-sets/td-p/4512845/jump-t...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion