Discussion topic: My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

This message was authored by JohnH50 This message was authored by: JohnH50

My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

I have both Sky Ultrafast 1 Broadband and Sky Talk.  I was on the old copper sytem until about 2 months ago when I had fibre fitted. Just recently I have noticed that my mobile works perfectly both with outgoing and incoming calls except I can't call my home number. My wife can call my mobile from our landline and talk as usual but if I ring our landline number from my mobile it rings as normal and I can tell when my wife answers it but neither of us can talk to one another.

I was wondering whether for some unknown reason that my mobile number has been inadvertantly placed on Sky's Talk Shield's Block List. Signed into my account & Sky Talk Shield  to gain access to my 'Block List' to double check and if so 'Unblock' it. As with lots of other Sky customers it states there is a Server Error which looking at lots of posts has been going on for months.

Any assistance welcomed. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is more likely there is an issue on the network that is preventing you from

calling your mobile so to get this investigated you will need to call Sky from your landline phone to give them the details.

When calling on 150 and the bot asks you questions try saying nothing so it hopefully routes you call to an advisor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@caesarome wrote:

It is more likely there is an issue on the network that is preventing you from

calling your mobile...

I agree.

@JohnH50 if the number had somehow found its way to your blocked list, the phone wouldn't have rung at all.

This message was authored by calypsoman This message was authored by: calypsoman

I have exactly the same problem did you get this sorted sky are sending me a new simm will see if that cures the problem

This message was authored by Dana061085 This message was authored by: Dana061085

Exacrly the same problem here too. Me and my partner have sky sim mobiles and neither if us can be heard on our home landline when we call it, funny thing is other mobile networks can call in fine. 
We went from fiber 500Mbs to 900Mbs a few days ago and got the newer Sky max hub and since that hub is when it started, testing previous sky hub doesnt have this issue. Sky is literaly blocking their own network here.
Sky are sending us a new hub but im more convinced its a network issue. Fibre and WiFi working great though.

Anyone got a fix or ideas?

This message was authored by calypsoman This message was authored by: calypsoman

if the new hub cures the problem could you let us know on here  still after 3 weeks issue stil not solved still cant call landline from my sky mobile sim phone  phone rings when someone answers  hear nothing both ends 

This message was authored by Dana061085 This message was authored by: Dana061085

Ok new Max hub arrived today and was very strange. Connecting the new max hub now renders my landline with a line/cord error and is completely unusable for all calls. I now have two max hubs with one making the problem even worse. I'm wondering if these hubs come preprogrammed and linked to your account. Tried different phone cords but all the same. Plugged back in the first max hub and now back to having my mobile phone silent on home calls again but at least that max hub lets me use the landline. 
contacting sky as I type this message. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Dana061085 wrote:

Ok new Max hub arrived today and was very strange. Connecting the new max hub now renders my landline with a line/cord error and is completely unusable for all calls. 

I assume you're connecting your phone to the socket at the back of the Hub? It won't work from a wall socket.

JohnH50
Topic Author
This message was authored by JohnH50 This message was authored by: JohnH50

Hi Mark39,

My mobile is now working correctly like it used to do. I can ring and speak to my wife and she can call me when I am out and about.

They informed me that the only reason that I couldn't speak to my home number was due to a line fault. My issue was sorted out within a 24 hour period.

Yes my landline is plugged into the phone socket on the rear of the Sky Max hub.

I hope you get your sorted out quickly

Yes it's connected to the hub, the line/cord error has been fixed. This was due to having too many Ethernet cables plugged in on initial start and confused the router. So I'm now back to initially problem with the sky mobiles not working on incoming landline calls on todays new max hub, basically back to where I was originally. Sky customer service are to monitor the hub for 72 hours and forward to engineer department. 

will try and contact sky again and mention  line fault now going on a month and still cant hear each other when phone landline from mobile phone is plugged into router

sky have sent me a brand new sky max hub  and it has not worked still same problem call landline from mobile still hear nothing when  landline answered  strange thing my phone which is samsung galaxy s21  can take 2 sim cards  when i use a cheap ee pay as you go sim  can phone landline no problems everything works fine but as soon as i try and use my sky sim to call landline on mobile same thing cant hear each other when landline is answered  so it is a sky problem but it looks as if sky has not got a clue how to fix this  sky are going to give me a call on monday to see if the new router cured it which it hasnt 

@calypsoman We are in exactly the same boat here bud, exept its only been around a week for me. I told Sky customer service there are others on their forum with exactly the same issue but they werent too bothered. I have a feeling new sky mobile sim cards are needed here. Its been four days now since i last spoke to them and as for them monitoring the line nothing has changed. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion