Discussion topic: My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

This message was authored by JohnH50 This message was authored by: JohnH50

My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

I have both Sky Ultrafast 1 Broadband and Sky Talk.  I was on the old copper sytem until about 2 months ago when I had fibre fitted. Just recently I have noticed that my mobile works perfectly both with outgoing and incoming calls except I can't call my home number. My wife can call my mobile from our landline and talk as usual but if I ring our landline number from my mobile it rings as normal and I can tell when my wife answers it but neither of us can talk to one another.

I was wondering whether for some unknown reason that my mobile number has been inadvertantly placed on Sky's Talk Shield's Block List. Signed into my account & Sky Talk Shield  to gain access to my 'Block List' to double check and if so 'Unblock' it. As with lots of other Sky customers it states there is a Server Error which looking at lots of posts has been going on for months.

Any assistance welcomed. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My mobile which has a Sky Sim card fitted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is more likely there is an issue on the network that is preventing you from

calling your mobile so to get this investigated you will need to call Sky from your landline phone to give them the details.

When calling on 150 and the bot asks you questions try saying nothing so it hopefully routes you call to an advisor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@caesarome wrote:

It is more likely there is an issue on the network that is preventing you from

calling your mobile...

I agree.

@JohnH50 if the number had somehow found its way to your blocked list, the phone wouldn't have rung at all.

This message was authored by calypsoman This message was authored by: calypsoman

I have exactly the same problem did you get this sorted sky are sending me a new simm will see if that cures the problem

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion