Discussion topic: No VOIP

This message was authored by Stone29 This message was authored by: Stone29

No VOIP

I had Sky Broadband installed on Monday, since then I have been unable to make or receive calls and the light on my router is unlit. I contacted Sky this morning and was told that the system is automatic and I just have to wait. I was wondering how long people have had to wait for VOIP to initialise. This length of delay was never made clear to me.

thank you

Best Answers
Stone29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stone29 This message was authored by: Stone29 Answer

Re: No VOIP

FIXED

Well I do not know who fixed what but I was walking past my router when I noticed I had 4 lights for the first time since installation and the phone is working fine.

thank you everyone concerned.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

From posts here, it's not normally as long as that - normally 24-48 hours. Did the adviser ask you to restart your broadband Hub? If not try that first, by switching off at the plug for 30 seconds ends or so.

If it's no different, we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here by way of a private online chat, to see if some additional action is needed, if you wish?

Stone29
Topic Author

Hi

thank you for replying. I have rebooted several times and the phone light shows no activity at all so I think I will need it escalating please

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Ok, I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page.. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Stone29.

Stone29
Topic Author

Well after completing a complaint form and again talking to Sky I am still no further forward. It appears there is something in the background that is stopping the porting of my number. Sky claim to be on the case so let's see what happens. It's a shame as this is the first major problem I have had with Sky in the 24 years I have been with them but it sours everything.

Stone29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stone29 This message was authored by: Stone29 Answer

FIXED

Well I do not know who fixed what but I was walking past my router when I noticed I had 4 lights for the first time since installation and the phone is working fine.

thank you everyone concerned.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion