Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield not working

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Sky Talk Shield not working

Received a scam call this morning despite having Sky Talk Shield switched on.  Went into Talk Shield on My Sky app and it says there is an error.  Anyone else having this problem?  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: Sky Talk Shield not working

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this Sky Talk Shield issue on Sky Community 🙂

Teams identified this issue earlier today and it was resolved earlier this afternoon. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone for sharing their experience about this. 

I'm going to lock this thread down now with things being resolved, if you continue to see any issues though regarding Sky Talk Shield, you can find the full Sky Talk Support steps here.

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by rapper1956 This message was authored by: rapper1956

Yes Iam having the exact same problem, except I have had 3 scam calls in the last hour. Tried using the Chatbot to get an answer but that was about as useful as a chcolkate fireguard. Hope they get the problem sorted soon

This message was authored by rapper1956 This message was authored by: rapper1956

Just spoke to Sky who confirmed they have an issue with Sky Talk Shield. they are currently working to resolve teh issue

jewers
Topic Author
This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@rapper1956 Thank you for getting back to me and for 'phoning Sky.  Your help is very much appreciated.  As you say. Hope they get it fixed soon.

This message was authored by DaddyLouLou This message was authored by: DaddyLouLou

It's nice to find out just how much it blocks in terms of scam calls.

I've had 2 this morning.

But a little tip - if you get a scam call, and you answer it - remain silent. If it's a real person, they will say something, whereas an automated dialler will drop the call.

This message was authored by arpatel6 This message was authored by: arpatel6

Yes, I am having the same problem. Received 2 scam calls today.

This message was authored by IanTracy This message was authored by: IanTracy

I also just received a scam call pretending to be from sky. I just hung up and came straight here to see if others were experiencing the same. Hope they sort it soon

This message was authored by George+Lee+79 This message was authored by: George+Lee+79

Likewise

This message was authored by nicky73 This message was authored by: nicky73

yes same here. my elderly parents have recieved 3 scam calls today.

luckily they are wise to not answer any questions

just shows how good these blockers are.

hope it's back working soon 

gives me peace of mind for them.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this Sky Talk Shield issue on Sky Community 🙂

Teams identified this issue earlier today and it was resolved earlier this afternoon. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone for sharing their experience about this. 

I'm going to lock this thread down now with things being resolved, if you continue to see any issues though regarding Sky Talk Shield, you can find the full Sky Talk Support steps here.

Daniel
Community Moderator

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion