Discussion topic: i want to change sky taalk to anytime extra and can't find the links to do it from my account homepa

This message was authored by mark+hadfield This message was authored by: mark+hadfield

i want to change sky taalk to anytime extra and can't find the links to do it from my account homepa

I want to change my sky talk package to anytime extra but i can't find the links anywhere on the sky website

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: i want to change sky taalk to anytime extra and can't find the links to do it from my account ho

@mark+hadfield wrote:

I want to change my sky talk package to anytime extra but i can't find the links anywhere on the sky website

• Neither can I, so unless someone else can advise you I would call Sky tomorrow.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: i want to change sky taalk to anytime extra and can't find the links to do it from my account ho

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @mark+hadfield 

@TechmanagerMal is correct. To change your Sky Talk tariff you have to call Sky. Call free by dialling 150 from your landline. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GB28 This message was authored by: GB28

I have just hit this issue. After 1 month I'm finding my phone bill has gone through the roof - and given it's all internet calls it just doesn't make any sense. Why is the functionality not online?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@GB28 wrote:

I have just hit this issue. After 1 month I'm finding my phone bill has gone through the roof - and given it's all internet calls it just doesn't make any sense. Why is the functionality not online?

That's a question you would have to put to Sky.

This message was authored by GB28 This message was authored by: GB28

For the benefit of myself and any readers - I have asked that question - here goes.

1. The online chat, allegedly artificially intelligent, couldn't help

2. The chatbot directed me to the tariffs. (which turn out to be wrong)

3. I rang the number in tariffs document as the online auto-answering phone system could not help.

4. Eventually got through to a real intelligent human.

5. They said you should be able to do it online, but couldn't demonstrate how to.

6. I additionally discussed how unusable the TV package had become when FF or RW TV due to invasive levels of adverts. They said I could switch back to the SKY-Q box, but couldn't give prices and said it'll be a new contract. So they said they'd transfer me to someone who can.

7. Now with the second SKY agent. They said, no I can't switch and beyond the 30-day abandom them period. We discussed again the Puck advertising issue. The agreed it sounded wrong. They transfered me to a third agent.

8. Third agent expressed surprise that I had got through to him! It was a very helpful chap in technical support. I went through all of the above. On the Sky Talk topic, he said online should be possible, but confirmed their is a fault with the website which he would try to get a fix on. Then try again in 24 hours. He thought the web app probably has the same issue. We then discussed the ad  issue when trying to FF or RW (without ad skipping). He accepted that when FF or RW previously recorded live TV, the intensity of ads is unreasonable, but is as a result of the technology. We then discussed a number of related issues, including Ofcom's likelihood of updating the rules - basically they haven't caught up with the new stream based approach, but realise it is massively alienating customers. Bottom line is that if you change channel, FF, RW, Pause, Restart, they are all likely to to ram ads down your throat. As a side note, with paying even more with ad skipping, it doesn't work so well on live stuff and is product dependent. Of particual note, Sky have worked with their providers to try to get some consistency, but ITV-X decided not to support it as they charge extra to have ad skipping - so you pay twice!!!

9. On further discussion about Sky Talk prices, it transpired the document the chatbot sent me was 2 years out of date and the price was quoted was significant lower than what it is now, barring offers.

10 To summarise, the original question was why can't I change my Sky Talk Package online. The Sky answer is 'You should be able to, but it's broken'. And to to honest, that's how I feel about the whole SKY package I'm on compared to just over 2 years ago when i had Sky-Q.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@GB28 wrote:

10 To summarise, the original question was why can't I change my Sky Talk Package online. The Sky answer is 'You should be able to, but it's broken'.

Hmm. From my forum experience it's not, and never has been possible. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@GB28 

Same thoughts here. I'm not aware of the ability to change a Sky Talk package without calling. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion