Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield

This message was authored by Chris211 This message was authored by: Chris211

Sky Talk Shield

I see the previous post regarding this and Sky say it is fixed. Well it's not fixed for me I recieved an unwanted call this morning which alerted me to a problem. I do wonder how this caller just happened to phone me when Sky Talk Shield was down? When I go to Sky Talk Shield is still says whoops there is a problem please try later.Sky please fix this as soon as possible.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Talk Shield

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As you can see from Daniel's post, Sky believe the fault to have been fixed. Have you worked through the help guide from the link in Daniel's post? If so, to no avail, use the 'still need help' button for the number to call to report it.

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@Chris211 I too cannot access Sky Talk Shield on MySky app.  All it says is "Whoops there has been an error". I also tried via the website and it has the same message.

This message was authored by CE3 This message was authored by: CE3

We are currently with Call Guardian and were looking to go over to Sky Talk Shield but everytime I go in to try and activate (or even get to the relevant section) on the app or web browser it comes up with an error.  It sayes it's Sky not me.  There is obviously still an issue.

This message was authored by myke5 This message was authored by: myke5

Whoops, there's been an error

Hi, I am getting the above error message when i try to check my sky talk shield settings, this has been the same about a week now.

Mike

Re: Whoops, there's been an error

Yes, exactly the same for me both on MySky app and website and, as you say, it has been like this for a number of days.  I hope Sky will fix this soon.

@Mark39 @Sky Talk Shield may be fixed in relation to stopping cold calls but you can no longer access Talk Shield settings in the My Sky app or on the website.  I rang Sky a number of months ago when I had a problem with Talk Shield and they immediately switched if off and then on again, failing to tell me that I would lose all my stored numbers.  As a consequence I lost  over one hundred starred numbers and am reluctant to call them again re this.  I do hope they will see these posts and look into it.

This message was authored by Alan-Harris This message was authored by: Alan-Harris

Same for me too - I've been gettiing the same error message since ca 15th April when trying to check my Call History and it's still not fixed today. 

Thanks for the warnings about Sky's 'fix' that by deactivating and reactivating, it deletes all stored numbers so I'd rather live without it than have to re-key all those.

Can't somebody in SKy fix the actual problem instead of making it worse with ill-considered suggestions 

Thanks

Alan H

I rang Sky on Saturday morning about this problem and spoke to a very helpful adviser.  I stressed that I did not want my account deactivated and then reactivated as I could  not go through that again!  Anyway, he told me that this problem was happening to some accounts and they are trying to find out why.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Chris211
Topic Author

Thanks for that info let's hope Sky fix it asap.

This message was authored by audray This message was authored by: audray

This happened to me too all stored and blocked numbers lost. Plus still no further on , still get the error message

Chris211
Topic Author

• Hi thanks to everyone who replied to my post my Sky Talk Shield seems to be working now hope you all get sorted soon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion