Discussion topic: Alternatives to unwatchable F1 studio coverage?

This message was authored by Stametis This message was authored by: Stametis

Alternatives to unwatchable F1 studio coverage?

I know I'm not the only one finding Sky's studio F1 coverage totally unwatchable but what has everyone come up with as alternatives?

I tried skipping all of the studio bits to get the small amount of pre-race coverage from the track but obviously the Sky Q bugs meant the program hung from too much skipping. In the end I just gave up on watching anything pre-race which made the race itself feel really flat. 

Does Channel 4 still do their coverage from the track. I'd be tempted to watch a few hours late, watch the C4F1 pre-race,  switch to SkySportsF1 for the race, back to C4F1 for post-race and then Ted's notebook but I'd like to know that C4F1 is as good as it was a few years ago; before I signed up to Sky. 

Any suggestions or solutions?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Alternatives to unwatchable F1 studio coverage?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stametis wrote:

I'd even settle for a couple of engaging YouTubers in the grandstands if they make me feel as engaged at the presenters trackside have always been able to. 

Liberty Media would send ninja lawyers to hunt them down the moment they displayed a trademark or mentioned a copyright name.  This is a global business franchise with an alleged sporting event attached, and must be protected from such infringements at all costs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Channel 4 have a similar setup for these flyaway races, so essentially doing the same thing as Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Stametis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stametis This message was authored by: Stametis

Ah, that's such a shame. 

I feel there has to be a way to get engaging pre-race coverage in the UK when Sky aren't producing it. I can't bring myself to miss a race (I haven't done that in a decade) but I really struggle to get into the race with the current setup. 

I'd even settle for a couple of engaging YouTubers in the grandstands if they make me feel as engaged at the presenters trackside have always been able to. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Stametis wrote:

Liberty Media would send ninja lawyers to hunt them down the moment they displayed a trademark or mentioned a copyright name.  This is a global business franchise with an alleged sporting event attached, and must be protected from such infringements at all costs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion