Discussion topic: TNT Sports UHD-probably done to death

This message was authored by Eurosceptic This message was authored by: Eurosceptic

TNT Sports UHD-probably done to death

Hi

There's a risk I'm the only person unsighted on this. No UHD coverage of the two CL QFs tonight. Originally thought my TV had a glitch. 

I know the Saints v Lilywhites game in UHD on 401, but does that rule out CL coverage on TNT on same night?

Why do we pay for the UHD upgrade?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Re: TNT Sports UHD-probably done to death

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eurosceptic wrote:

Hi

There's a risk I'm the only person unsighted on this. No UHD coverage of the two CL QFs tonight. Originally thought my TV had a glitch. 

Both matches weren't advertised as being in UHD

I know the Saints v Lilywhites game in UHD on 401, but does that rule out CL coverage on TNT on same night?

Games shown on SkySports Main Event are broadcast in UHD regardless of games played in UHD on TNT Sports

1000001386.jpg

1000001388.jpg

I pay for the UHD subscription to watch SkySports F1 in UHD/HDR and for watching Netflix Premium on devices other than the Sky Q box.

Thanks

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Eurosceptic wrote:

Hi

Thanks

@Eurosceptic 

TNT's UHD coverage isn't dependent on other channels. 

It's always been the case that the UHD match will be an English side playing at home as TNT is host broadcaster and UHD treatment will always be given to that home English team. There have been occasions when they've carried a UHD feed from the host broadcaster for an away English team or both non-English teams but this is pretty uncommon. 

They'll be broadcasting Manchester City and West Ham in UHD tonight and tomorrow.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eurosceptic wrote:

Hi

Both matches weren't advertised as being in UHD

Games shown on SkySports Main Event are broadcast in UHD regardless of games played in UHD on TNT Sports

1000001386.jpg

1000001388.jpg

I pay for the UHD subscription to watch SkySports F1 in UHD/HDR and for watching Netflix Premium on devices other than the Sky Q box.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion