Discussion topic: Direct debit dates

This message was authored by Nagwa1 This message was authored by: Nagwa1

Direct debit dates

when you make a contract order, does the direct debit be charged one day early from the day you make the order or one day early?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Direct debit dates

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nagwa1 

I presume this is connected to your recent posts re a mobile order. From Skys website …

Your first bill

You start paying for Sky Mobile from the date you activate your SIM. We’ll take your first payment 3 days after that (or up to 13 days after that if you're paying by Direct Debit) and it covers your first month. For example:

• Your SIM is activated on 4 July, payment is taken on 7 July (or 17 July if you're paying by Direct Debit) and covers the period from 4 July3 August.

If you activated on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your first bill might be lower as it will cover less than a full month.

Your second bill

We’ll take your second payment on your payment due date. This is 3 days after the date of the month you first activated your SIM, as long as you haven't changed your payment due date after your first bill.

Because you pay a month in advance, your second bill covers next month in advance. Using the example from the first bill:

• Your second payment would be taken on 7 August and covers the period from 4 August3 September.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-bills-and-payments-understanding-my-bills

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Nagwa1 

I presume this is connected to your recent posts re a mobile order. From Skys website …

Your first bill

You start paying for Sky Mobile from the date you activate your SIM. We’ll take your first payment 3 days after that (or up to 13 days after that if you're paying by Direct Debit) and it covers your first month. For example:

• Your SIM is activated on 4 July, payment is taken on 7 July (or 17 July if you're paying by Direct Debit) and covers the period from 4 July3 August.

If you activated on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your first bill might be lower as it will cover less than a full month.

Your second bill

We’ll take your second payment on your payment due date. This is 3 days after the date of the month you first activated your SIM, as long as you haven't changed your payment due date after your first bill.

Because you pay a month in advance, your second bill covers next month in advance. Using the example from the first bill:

• Your second payment would be taken on 7 August and covers the period from 4 August3 September.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-bills-and-payments-understanding-my-bills

Sky customer since 2001
Nagwa1
Topic Author

Sorry to bother, but is it different for laptops?

Nagwa1
Topic Author

And also, for further months, if I made an order today, would the direct debit be taken on the 19th or 18th of every month

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Nagwa1 wrote:

@Nagwa1 

Not that I'm aware of. 

Sky customer since 2001
Nagwa1
Topic Author

what about this?

Nagwa1
Topic Author

But you can't activate a sim on a laptop so when does the payment be taken

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Nagwa1 wrote:

It is the same.

@Nagwa1 wrote:

And also, for further months, if I made an order today, would the direct debit be taken on the 19th or 18th of every month

It depends on what you order but if it was another mobile/sim/laptop and you ordered it on the same account then the billing date should be the same.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Nagwa1
Topic Author

But since you can't put a simcard in a laptop, when is the billing date?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You are billed for the laptop when you receive it as per what @Daniel0210 has posted above.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Nagwa1
Topic Author

That dosent help, I was asking, when do I get billed if I can't even activate a sim in the laptop because obviously you cant put a sim in the laptop? So does the money come out my account on the day u order it or what?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Nagwa1 wrote:

So does the money come out my account on the day u order it or what?

@Nagwa1 

You get billed from the date of delivery. As customers on here we can't say how long the money will take to leave your account. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion