Discussion topic: ANother subtitles issue discovered

This message was authored by rogerrj This message was authored by: rogerrj

ANother subtitles issue discovered

So since the recent subtitle debaucle that others are complaining about,i would like to add a weird problem/bug i have found also.

If you now turn subtitles on via the ? button and then select english so the subtitles are on,it is now not possible to turn them back off.

If you now use the mic and say"subtitles off" they dont turn off,but if you press the ? button after doing this with the mic,it says they are turned off (but they arent).

The only way to get the mic to work again to be able to turn them on and off is to switch channels,then for some strange reason using the mic works again.

And yes i have unplugged the box and removed the batteries and blown on them and spun them around whilst reciting the works of shakespeare under a full moon whilst wearing cowboy chaps and all the other hocus pocus witchcraft that may get suggested.

Basically in short,if you turn the subtitles on manually,it renders the mic instructions useless until you switch channels (which is pretty annoying to say the least)

Peace out peeps,stay safe x

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: ANother subtitles issue discovered

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rogerrj wrote:

If you now turn subtitles on via the ? button and then select english so the subtitles are on,it is now not possible to turn them back off.

Hi @rogerrj   I'm sorry but that is not correct. Simply follow this remote button sequence. "?" -> DirectionRight -> Select -> DirectionUp -> Select (Off).

rogerrj
Topic Author

@MightyQuinn wrote:

@rogerrj wrote:

Hi @rogerrj   I'm sorry but that is not correct. Simply follow this remote button sequence. "?" -> DirectionRight -> Select -> DirectionUp -> Select (Off).

Sorry,you have simply misunderstood what i was saying.

I know i can turn them off manually,my issue as described in the rest of the post is that you cannot use the mic to turn them on and off unless you change channel once you have turned them on manually.Using the mic will not switch them off after you have turned them on manually (even though it is saying subtitles are off if you check by pressing the ? button).

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @rogerrj   That is by design. The voice commands change the default state. The "?" route overrides the default state. The only way to change the override is to use the "?" button or change channel.

rogerrj
Topic Author

@MightyQuinn wrote:

Hi @rogerrj   That is by design. The voice commands change the default state. The "?" route overrides the default state. The only way to change the override is to use the "?" button or change channel.

Thanks

If that is correct and its by design....the less said the better i think 🤐

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion