Discussion topic: Advice/Feedback when buying a new router. Home Network is a little complex

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

neversettledsoul
Topic Author
This message was authored by neversettledsoul This message was authored by: neversettledsoul

Re: Advice/Feedback when buying a new router. Home Network is a little complex

@mae-3 @Chrisee Ok, so lets leave the 3rd party router out of the question. I will try out the Sky Hub 4.2 first. My BT system is playing up with issues mentioned in my previous post. I have it identified as a hardware fault, so thinking about getting a refund for it and then maybe get another system in place. 

I wanted to know, whether the Booster Sky provide, is a range extender or creates a mesh system. I have Boost on my account so I can get a Booster.   

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@neversettledsoul 

The Sky booster is part of the Sky wireless mesh.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
neversettledsoul
Topic Author
This message was authored by neversettledsoul This message was authored by: neversettledsoul

Hello All, 

Sorry for the late reply. So I got my Ultrafast activated and have got the system working with the Sky Hub 4.2 and Sky Booster SE210. I have been using it for the past few days and the booster is doing the role of the BT WHW discs on the ground floor, without any issues so far, touch wood. 

I will obviously be monitoring the system for the next few days, but I dont think I will require a 3rd party router and the Sky Hub and Booster are getting the job done. Have raised a return for the BT system as BT T3 support identified the problem to be a hw issue and gave me a reference number for that. 

Only **bleep** I am noticing is that my devices tend to drop the connection frequently, connects back quickly though. So lets see how it goes. But my thanks to all the peers who chipped in with their advice, really appreciate it. 

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion