Discussion topic: Am i in the Minority?

This message was authored by Muffet2 This message was authored by: Muffet2

Am i in the Minority?

I have had Sky Glass now for 4 days and found everything just how i expected and really like the UI and the PUCKs. Iwas however very worried by reading all the posts on hear about the problems and really did concider cancelling the order, but thought that i need to try it for myself.

The set up was easy and only had a brief problem with the PUCK which just needed a factory reset and now works perfectly. 

I do think that as we were mostly steaming content before with Q, it made the switch much easier and my girls which are 7 and 9 both really like saying "HELLO SKY"

We have not ventured too much into the playlists but as time goes on i am sure it will get used and SKY will solve many of the problems other people are having with it.

I do think that Glass is not for everyone and if you do your research and feel that the way you view content on SKY would match the way Glass streams content then this is the best match for you. If not stay with Q or other SKY products.

I would say my only  complaint is not being able to add Disney to my sky bill anymore but hopefully this will change in the future.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Am i in the Minority?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Muffet2 I will join you in thst minority as well. I got my own system yesterday and am very pleased with the TV.. There are bugs but from reading some of the posts the whole system sounds like a disaster and it simply isnt. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Completely agree,I was on the verge of cancelling but decided you can't believe everything you read and decided to give it a go,yes there are bugs but they will be worked on I mean I didn't expect the flicker issue to be fixed so soon,granted it broke a few other things but we know these are been worked through.I'm on my 3rd week of glass and they playlist is not an issue for me any more now I'm used to it(apart from a few bugs) I think the playlist is something sky is going to sort out sharpish as it got suck bad reviews and made the news headlines 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by dogmatic6 This message was authored by: dogmatic6

My Glass tv has been great tbh.  But my puck does have some issues.

are you guys not experiencing the picture speedup/slowdown on the puck?

I get it quite a lot through out the day. I reboot resolves for a few hours.

UHD live channels usually need a puck reboot before watching or else it just begins to stutter after a while

This message was authored by Wobdot This message was authored by: Wobdot

Hi, I did my research and read the forms before ordering but I still went ahead and I am very happy, yes I have had a few issues but it's new, of course, there will be problems, which will be ironed out

Muffet2
Topic Author
This message was authored by Muffet2 This message was authored by: Muffet2

I personally have not had any issues with my puck so far. 

My internet speed is only 50mbs so not the fastest but have to say it is fairly reliable. I have sky broadband so maybe this helps.

This message was authored by dogmatic6 This message was authored by: dogmatic6

@Muffet2 

Glad it's stable for you.

I have 1gb broadband non sky and my ouck is hard wired.

my Glass TV is on wireless a couple of rooms away and it's never had an issue with UHD or any picture issues tbh.

Maybe my puck is faulty. I've factory reset twice but the issues continue

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Muffet2 Me too!, we love ours a few bugs that are annoying but can see light at the end of the tunnel so not a problem here.

This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900

No your not, we've had ours for 3 weeks now and absolutely love it.  Even my wife has taken to it quickly and I thought she was going to divorce me when we first moved from Sky Plus HD to Sky Q she hated it so much.  I'm just glad I made the jump early as if I'd waited a week and read some of the comments on this forum I'd probably have stayed well clear and missed out on a fantastic product.

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

If you took a cross section of everyone thats bought it ( not just us on here ), no I don’t think we are, but like a lot have said, people don’t generally search out to a forum to post how happy they are, also I think some that come to forums, prior to purchasing, also don’t hang around after if they don’t have any issues, but tend to stay if they did? Hope that makes sense ..lol.. I could be completely off the mark.

I think that’s why it then feels like everyone is having issues and everyone doesn’t like it. Also probably why the negative magazine/online reviews get more traction as it confirms that’s persons bias, and then why the positive ones drop off the main page, as more people with issues are in the forums.

I’ve stuck around as I’ve genuinely had / having a good experience with it, so want to help out were I can

This message was authored by WG+Wright This message was authored by: WG+Wright

@Chrisee @Muffet2 Glad you both like it as much as I do. Will be keeping it beyond the 31 days for sure. Yes there are still some bugs to iron out but Sky seem to be addressing these pretty quickly. The last one was to sort out being able to remove iPlayer content from the Play Now Rail which you can now do. So for me it's onwards and upwards!!

Sky Glass 43 inch (replacing Sky Q) Sky FTTP Ultrafast 2

@WG+Wright  How are you able to remove iPlayer stuff from the play now rail because I still can't 

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by Marky00 This message was authored by: Marky00

We are loving Sky glass we live in a 3 storey town house Sky glass on bottom floor one puck on middle floor and one more on third floor all working perfectly 😀

This message was authored by WG+Wright This message was authored by: WG+Wright

@Deedee36 I had the same issue up until yesterday. Last night I watched the latest episode of Shetland which was on the Play Now Rail. Went through right to the end and having finished it had disappeared from the Play Now Rail

After that I went to the various iPlayer programs I had on the Play Now Rail, selected the latest available episode and then used fast forward to the very end. This process removed all the iPlayer programs I had previously wanted to get rid of. Bit of a pain to have to do this for each program but it worked for me.

Hope that helps?

Sky Glass 43 inch (replacing Sky Q) Sky FTTP Ultrafast 2

@WG+Wright  Clearly anothe bug I've just tried exactly what you've suggested and the iPlayer shows are still staying in my play now rail 

……
……
……
……

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion