Discussion topic: Autoplay kids not working

This message was authored by Alphonso1 This message was authored by: Alphonso1

Autoplay kids not working

Does anyone know how to get autoplay working on the kids section. We have recently got Sky Q and unlike in Amazon, Netflix etc, I cannot seem to get the next episode to automatically play.

I have autoplay and automatic download selected in the settings. If I have to select everytime another episode of a 5 or 10 minute program has finished, I may as well remove kids, as mine aren't old enough to do it themselves.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Autoplay kids not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alphonso1 This thread/post may answer your question 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Problem-playing-recorded-episodes-consecutively/td-p/3738523

Is it the fact that you have to stop what you are doing or the fact that the little ones aren't old enough to do it themselves that you feel the need to remove the Kids subscription or remove the kids from the front of the tv.

Alphonso1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alphonso1 This message was authored by: Alphonso1

Re: Autoplay kids not working

Thanks @best+of+the+best  The kids can't do it themselves. It's quite easy to remove them from the TV, by turning it off 🙂

My issue is that I don't want to be called in to the sitting room every time an episode stops because my kids can't work the controller (2 and 4). Things like Peppa pig that are 5 mins long, for example would require a lot of manual input from me, when usually TV time allows me some peace to get on with other things.

I have since worked out that you have to download the episodes for autoplay to work. What would be most handy was if the next episode auto downloads so it can automatically play and so on and so forth, which I thought was what the settings of 'automatically download the next episode' and 'autoplay' would allow.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion