Discussion topic: Can’t download shows in SD

This message was authored by Kristie13 This message was authored by: Kristie13

Can’t download shows in SD

I only have SD subscription on my account. It will not let me watch shows in SD even when selected the SD option before trying to download and tells me I need to upgrade my subscription. For example, why can I not download a show in SD on E4? For the money I pay each month I should be able to watch shows 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Can’t download shows in SD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Kristie13 

If you haven't tried please can I suggest you  try changing the default download preference to SD in

Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

Kristie13
Topic Author

I have changed the settings in preferences to download in SD and this has not fixed the problem.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Kristie13 I've removed your duplicate thread.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Kristie13 wrote:

I have changed the settings in preferences to download in SD and this has not fixed the problem.

Are you a new customer or recently changed subscription. 

Is at all shows or just some on C4 - iff so which ?

Kristie13
Topic Author

No I have been a customer for 5/6 years +.  I cancelled my hd subscription a couple years ago as don't see the point and saves some money. Since then it will aloe me to watch some shows and not others. I always select the SD option to download sometimes it will and sometimes it will ask me to upgrade. I started watch celeb big brother on e4. I have been able to watch the first 5 episodes no problem and when I try to download or 6 I select SD option and it will tell me to upgrade. Same for certain other shows I can watch some and then it won't allow me to download following episodes. How can I get in contact with sky as there doesn't seem to be a chat option like there used to be. 

@Kristie13 wrote:

No I have been a customer for 5/6 years +.  I cancelled my hd subscription a couple years ago as don't see the point and saves some money. Since then it will aloe me to watch some shows and not others. I always select the SD option to download sometimes it will and sometimes it will ask me to upgrade. I started watch celeb big brother on e4. I have been able to watch the first 5 episodes no problem and when I try to download or 6 I select SD option and it will tell me to upgrade. Same for certain other shows I can watch some and then it won't allow me to download following episodes. How can I get in contact with sky as there doesn't seem to be a chat option like there used to be. 

Hi @Kristie13 

This sounds more like a problem with permissions on some episodes rather than a problem specifically with your subscription. 

I think the best contact for this is to email viewerR@sky.uk  detailing the problem episodes and ask them to check them.

Unfortunatley there is no chat.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion