Discussion topic: Do I every use UHD?

This message was authored by ERipley This message was authored by: ERipley

Do I every use UHD?

Hi,

I'm wondering if I every actually use UHD.   We never use the Sky Q main box and watch everything via the Sky Q mini boxes (3) in various rooms in the house.   

I'm sure I read somewhere that you only receive UHD via the main Sky Q box ( attached to the satalite )

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Do I every use UHD?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ERipley wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if I every actually use UHD.   We never use the Sky Q main box and watch everything via the Sky Q mini boxes (3) in various rooms in the house.   

I'm sure I read somewhere that you only receive UHD via the main Sky Q box ( attached to the satalite )

Thanks in advance.

If you pay extra for the UHD add on and never use it, then the obvious thing would be to remove it (if not in a minimum term contract for it).

Is the TV attached to your main box a 4k TV ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
ERipley
Topic Author

Hi,

No TV is plugged into the Sky Q main box and we just watch via mini boxes.  My contract is up next month and wanted to make sure it was safe to cancel the UHD

Cheers

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ERipley 

Remember that if you have a television with a UHD panel, by definition any content you are viewing is being scaled up to enough pixels to fill it.  What you aren't doing from a Mini box is watching native UHD, which requires the additional Sky subscription and can only be output from a main Q box.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @ERipley 

There is one point you may need to be aware of.

If you pay for netflix through SKY then the UHD add on allows you to watch on up to 4 devices simultaneously  - if you remove the UHD pack this would reduce to 2 (assuming you keep HD) 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@ERipley wrote:

Hi,

No TV is plugged into the Sky Q main box and we just watch via mini boxes.  My contract is up next month and wanted to make sure it was safe to cancel the UHD

Cheers

@ERipley  that's quite a strange one not to use the main box at all. I don't have minis but I thought there were some settings changes that can only be done on the main box.

You could potentially drop one mini and use a main and two minis so you can watch 3 at the same time, but its up to you, if your happy with current set up then keep but drop UHD.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ERipley 

Also be aware that if you have Netflix billed through Sky, cancelling the Sky UHD subscription reduces the Netflix subscription tier.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ERipley
Topic Author

Hi,  we moved house last year and had to set it up it up like this for more flexiability.   I can't see it changing any time soon and will cancel the UHD.

I don't have Netflix via Sky and cancelling UHD won't affect it.

Cheers.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion