Discussion topic: Mini box not working after reset

This message was authored by Carlyb65 This message was authored by: Carlyb65

Mini box not working after reset

One of my mini boxes isn't working the TV is showing no signal, it is on the right input and sky remote is working. When I switch off the box for 30 secs and then switch on the sky "hello" message appears as though it's initialising but after a couple of minutes it then goes blank. The main box and my other mini box are working with no problems. I have tried resetting the main box and then the mini box but still the same thing happens

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Mini box not working after reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Carlyb65 

May I possibly suggest a full reset of your remote control

Press & hold 7 & 9 until the red led flashes 4 times.

When it has reset it will be in infrared mode so needs line of sight of the mini - hopefully the Power on / Home or SKY buttons will activate the mini OK

If it does then you will then need to rep-pair it with the mini pressing 1 & 3 together & follow the on screen instructions

This message was authored by Willie+B This message was authored by: Willie+B

Re: Mini box not working after reset

Did have a same problem with my Sky minibox and thanks to your kind suggestion of resetting the remote control, I was able to "waken up" the minibox which was stuck on standby.

Thanks Again..

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion