Discussion topic: Sky Q box showing as connected to WiFi but can’t access apps or download

This message was authored by MWK1974 This message was authored by: MWK1974

Sky Q box showing as connected to WiFi but can’t access apps or download

Hi there,

First post on the forum and looking for advice.

Two days noticed that Sky Q box very slow in loading TV guide or accessing recordings. Also none of the apps work and can't download any content. Checked settings and Sky Q box is showing as connected to my wireless / WiFi router. This also coincided with my son complaining  his xbox wouldn't connect (although again in the settings it was on the network) and our mobile devices running slow. Is it possible for a wireless router to be "connected" to the Sky box but there is insufficient signal for the apps to work / download online content?

Thanks 

Mark

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky Q box showing as connected to WiFi but can’t access apps or download

Posted by a Sky employee

If your other devices are slow too then it will be an issue with your internet, perhaps too many devices connected for the capacity of the internet. 

You would be best off going through troubleshooting for the internet first as the Q box will always have an issue if your internet is not working correctly. So once that is fixed, the Q box will likely start working properly again. 

If you are with Sky internet, here is a link to test your network and troubleshoot. 

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
MWK1974
Topic Author
This message was authored by MWK1974 This message was authored by: MWK1974

Re: Sky Q box showing as connected to WiFi but can’t access apps or download

Thanks for taking the time to reply Lisa.

Checked with EE. Our line in appears to be working fine they checked the line and no issues. Did a speed test and getting about 50mbps and checked Xbox and mobile devices at my parents house and all work fine.  I hope it's an intermittent router issue (we have a replacement on the way) if that doesn't solve it I'm unsure what to do next!

Thanks again 

Mark

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion