Discussion topic: Sky Q poor sound quality with speech on random programmes/films.

This message was authored by Eric.morecambe802 This message was authored by: Eric.morecambe802

Sky Q poor sound quality with speech on random programmes/films.

Recently I have noticed that speech on random programmes/film/channels has been extremely poor,. It sounds like the characters have their heads in a bucket. There is no pattern to this and it is only with Sky Q. The sound settings are correct so this appears to be a Sky issue. Software is upto date and rebooting does not work. Just downloaded "Get Santa "from the newly released Christmas films and the speech was awful yet Elf was fine, as I say there is no pattern to it. It isn't my surround sound system or my sound settings that are to blame. Cheers.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky Q poor sound quality with speech on random programmes/films.

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us recently, we haven't heard back from you in 2 days. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Ping1901 This message was authored by: Ping1901

Re: Sky Q poor sound quality with speech on random programmes/films.

The sky sound issue has been around for years. I recently purchased a new Samsung tv and sound bar. I'm disappointed to report the poor sound is still there on Sky Q speech is muffled, then if music plays it ramps up. If on Prime etc you have to reduce volume by half and no sound/muffle issues. This has been so bad over Christmas we're not using Sky and am getting to the point of stopping using it. I believe Sky use a different frequency to others.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion