Discussion topic: Sky router keeps dropping signal in kitchen

This message was authored by EZY+Driver This message was authored by: EZY+Driver

Sky router keeps dropping signal in kitchen

Hello, my current sky router keeps dropping signal in our kitchen extension which is around 6 meters from the box which is in the hall. Even on a good day I get a max of 2 bars. I have the sky Q boxes hard wired with the WiFi boost off due to it clashing with my Sonos system. I believe the new router is very good. Seeing as i am a long term (21 years plus) loyal customer. Could i please order the latest router which will hopefully solve my broadband issues?

Many thanks,

Christopher Thorn. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky router keeps dropping signal in kitchen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EZY+Driver wrote:

Could i please order the latest router which will hopefully solve my broadband issues?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Can-I-get-the-new-Sky-Broadband-Hub/td-p/3061618 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

You can buy a new hub. Or if you take Sky BB Boost you would get it as part of the subscription. 

But you would not get a new one on your existing subscription. If we were to troubleshoot and found you needed a new hub due to it being faulty, it would be replaced with the same model, not a new one. 

Have you had a look at splitting the networks? Sonos and other smart home devices clash with the wifi and can cause interferance. Splitting the entworks could be a way to resolve this. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
EZY+Driver
Topic Author
This message was authored by EZY+Driver This message was authored by: EZY+Driver

All sorted thanks. I've taken out the broadband boost at £5 per month. New router on its way. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion