Discussion topic: Sky Boost - Getting a WiFi Booster

This message was authored by DSmith96 This message was authored by: DSmith96

Sky Boost - Getting a WiFi Booster

I've been a Sky Broadband customer for a couple months now and the WiFi is still not working all the time.

Due to how our house was built, the router has to be in the bedroom at the front of the house whereas the living room is downstairs at the back. When we were with BT we had boosters that made a good difference.

Quite frequently the WiFi is not connecting to the Sky Stream in the living room or if it is, it's really slow. 

I am aware we have quite a few smart devices connected to the WiFi, but we had no problems with this when we had BT.

I haven't found the way to contact about seeing if we can get a booster via Sky Boost, it always just takes me back to the troubleshooting (which I have tried)

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Boost - Getting a WiFi Booster

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DSmith96 you should be able to add the Broadband Boost bundle from the My Sky app while this doesnt give you a booster directly you do get a better router (Sky's Broadband Hub SR203) if you haven't already got one and the ability to get a booster sent out if you need one.

Alternatively give Sky a call if you use your Sky Talk line tge calls to Sky are free and dial 150.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
DSmith96
Topic Author
This message was authored by DSmith96 This message was authored by: DSmith96

I already have Sky Boost, just can't find the way to get a booster sent out.

I don't have an actual house phone to ring 150 on unfortunately.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DSmith96 I have escalated your post to a Sky team who support the forum who should becable to help. Look out for an invitation from them to a private chat through the forum where they will put a brightly coloured chat icon. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @DSmith96  an invite to chat.

This message was authored by CJ19 This message was authored by: CJ19

HI - I am having a similar problem and cannot contact Sky to request a booster. Their messaging number doesn't work, the Messenger feature just takes me back to the same pages. We have Wifi guaranteed but we're not getting wifi in certain areas. The technician who came told us our box is in the right place and that we need a booster. Thanks, 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@CJ19 

The number to call Sky can be found at the bottom of https://sky.com/help under 'Need more help?'

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by DLC78 This message was authored by: DLC78

Hi, I need an extra booster to hard wire too then use the WiFi for my ring doorbell  at back gate. How do I order a booster please

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion