Discussion topic: Unable to change WiFi Password

This message was authored by Sunshiiine This message was authored by: Sunshiiine

Unable to change WiFi Password

I just moved and was able to change my Network name easily, but now when j try to change the password it gives me this  unable to connect error.  I have tried resetting the modem, many different password variations (all minimum of 8 characters).  Any ideas?  Thanks!! 🙂

C023647A-60F5-4AED-8A81-50F0A2D09717.png

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Unable to change WiFi Password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SunshiiineIf you are doing this via Wi-Fi and trying to change that password it will kick you out, also it might be worth trying this on another browser like chrome. Do you have a wired device to do this?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Sunshiiine
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sunshiiine This message was authored by: Sunshiiine

@Highlinder thanks for the quick reply!  I don't have a laptop with me, only my phone to connect.  I tried Chrome, that didn't work either.  Guess my only alternative is to wait until I can hard wire in since I'd have to be on WiFi with my phone?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SunshiiineAs soon as you change that Wi-Fi password and click submit you are then chucked out. It is best doing this via a wired device.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion