Discussion topic: red alarm light on ont

This message was authored by Simpleeeee This message was authored by: Simpleeeee

red alarm light on ont

Alarm light is showing solid on ont full fibre box.  internet is working with advertised speed but drops out from time to time.  Fibre was installed approx 3 months ago and alarm light is on now for a couple of weeks.  Ive tried re-starting but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: red alarm light on ont

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simpleeeee 

As @cookiemonsteruk indicates, if you have an early model ONT with a battery backup unit then a red LED on the BBU just indicates it's no longer capable of holding a useful charge: this doesn't actually affect the broadband itself.

The light would be in the middle of the lower right cluster.

1000000165.jpg

1000000166.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Simpleeeee 

It could either be a battery back up unit losing charge or a failed ont firmware upgrade

Either way report it to sky

Contact sky on 150 from a sky landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Is it the alarm  on your  o n t  box, is it like this 

1000010034.jpg

 if it's  that alarm  I would  ring sky, to get open reach engineer  out to look at it 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Simpleeeee 

As @cookiemonsteruk indicates, if you have an early model ONT with a battery backup unit then a red LED on the BBU just indicates it's no longer capable of holding a useful charge: this doesn't actually affect the broadband itself.

The light would be in the middle of the lower right cluster.

1000000165.jpg

1000000166.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Simpleeeee
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simpleeeee This message was authored by: Simpleeeee

hi, thanks - its that one - i'll call sky

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Glad  I could  help, 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion