Discussion topic: Can’t log in to my email

This message was authored by MaggieTenerife This message was authored by: MaggieTenerife

Can’t log in to my email

When I try to open my email account, it asks me to re-enter my password, but when I try it tells me "we are unable to process your request at this time”. I’ve been getting this message for 2 days now, I'm at a loss as to how I rectify it.  Can anyone help 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Can’t log in to my email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried changing the password you use to access your online services like email, you can do that here:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Have you tried changing the password you use to access your online services like email, you can do that here:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
MaggieTenerife
Topic Author
This message was authored by MaggieTenerife This message was authored by: MaggieTenerife

Tried that thanks, I've changed my password but it won't let me into my email account still, so frustrating 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Are you currently in the UK?

MaggieTenerife
Topic Author

No I live i. Tenerife 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

It may be a problem with the public IP address you're connecting to. I've had similar problems when trying to access Sky services from abroad. 

MaggieTenerife
Topic Author

Thanks Mark, I'm going to take it into a PC repair shop tomorrow, need to get it sorted and no matter what I do it doesn't work. 🙄. ThNks everyone for your time and suggestions., appreciate your help 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Have they worked in Tenerife up till now? 

Can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details and then try Yahoo Mail from the drop down menu under your name in the top right corner.

MaggieTenerife
Topic Author

Hi Jayach,  yes it's worked for the last 10 years.  I'll try the link you sent tho, thanks.  It's now not accepting the password for my other Sky account, so need to contact them I think, although that's not easy to talk to a human!

MaggieTenerife
Topic Author

That link has enabled me to change my Sky password, so I'm into my emails now via Sky.  All I need to sort out now is why my iPad is not allowing me to change the password for both my Sky/yahoo accounts.  Thanks for all your help everyone 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MaggieTenerife wrote:

All I need to sort out now is why my iPad is not allowing me to change the password for both my Sky/yahoo accounts.

What is happening with your iPad ?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

On the iPad you need to reinstall the account, making sure it is recognised as a Yahoo address.

Alternately you could just use a generated password. https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

Edit: If you have more than one Sky account, make sure the generated password is for the right account, they will not be interchangeable.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion